Friday, March 30, 2007
News staff writer
February 28, 2007
Youth ski league racers from across Oregon, Washington and Northern Idaho will converge on Mount Bachelor to compete in the Buddy Werner Championships.
This year's event will take place from March 2-4. Individual points are accumulated for selected ski races during the season, then each team is allowed to bring its top 7 boys and 7 girls from ages 9 - 12 to the event.
The Buddy Werner Championships usually begin with an opening day ceremony on Friday, proceeded by two days of slalom and giant slalom racing.
This year, Cooper Spur Race Team will be sending Raquel Bruggeman, Molly Clarke, Kaili Duffy, Jennifer Mikkelson, Rachael Sassara, Allie Spadaro, and Elle Truax for the girls’ team.
The boys’ team is Kellan Duffy, Cooper Holzman, Jackson Hukari, Austin Keillor, Hunter Kern, Montana Kurahara, and Charlie Mallon.
Mt. Hood Meadows race team will be sending Ricki Swearingen, Makenzie Lisac, Shannen Burton, Alyson Mat, Georgia Toal, Mackenzie Green, Alexandra Ferrick and Caitlyn Peterson as its girls’ team. Andrew Burton, Johnny Woodcock, Eric Nance; William Reuland, Trevor Achmidt, Austin Cassity, Jordan Riesterer and Hayden Fawcett as its boys’ team.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge