Friday, March 30, 2007
News staff writer
February 28, 2007
Youth ski league racers from across Oregon, Washington and Northern Idaho will converge on Mount Bachelor to compete in the Buddy Werner Championships.
This year's event will take place from March 2-4. Individual points are accumulated for selected ski races during the season, then each team is allowed to bring its top 7 boys and 7 girls from ages 9 - 12 to the event.
The Buddy Werner Championships usually begin with an opening day ceremony on Friday, proceeded by two days of slalom and giant slalom racing.
This year, Cooper Spur Race Team will be sending Raquel Bruggeman, Molly Clarke, Kaili Duffy, Jennifer Mikkelson, Rachael Sassara, Allie Spadaro, and Elle Truax for the girls’ team.
The boys’ team is Kellan Duffy, Cooper Holzman, Jackson Hukari, Austin Keillor, Hunter Kern, Montana Kurahara, and Charlie Mallon.
Mt. Hood Meadows race team will be sending Ricki Swearingen, Makenzie Lisac, Shannen Burton, Alyson Mat, Georgia Toal, Mackenzie Green, Alexandra Ferrick and Caitlyn Peterson as its girls’ team. Andrew Burton, Johnny Woodcock, Eric Nance; William Reuland, Trevor Achmidt, Austin Cassity, Jordan Riesterer and Hayden Fawcett as its boys’ team.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge