Friday, March 30, 2007
News staff writer
February 17, 2007
The Summit Snowboard team continued its domination of the Gorge League in recent weekend competitions. In the Boardercross meet, the Summit Boys took three of the top four positions with Jeremy Page placing first, Hampus Nordenson second and Ian Daly taking fourth. For the Summit girls it was Kelsey Griffith in first place and Tory Ratcliff placing fourth.
In the Half Pipe competition both the boys’ and girls’ teams took first overall.
For the Summit boys, Jeremy Page pulled off several amazing aerial tricks to take first, with Stephen Stenberg flying high to place second and Ian Daly showing some style to place third. Kelsey Griffith again placed first for the girls by showing the judges some huge air off her first hit. Tory Ratcliff took fourth and Ellery Young was in fifth.
The Summit boys are excited to defend their title as state champions from 2006 in the Oregon Interscholastic Snowboard Association. This year’s state championships will take place the weekend of March 10-11 at Mt. Hood Meadows.
The team has two more competitions this season at Mt. Hood Meadows.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge