Friday, March 30, 2007
News staff writer
February 17, 2007
The Summit Snowboard team continued its domination of the Gorge League in recent weekend competitions. In the Boardercross meet, the Summit Boys took three of the top four positions with Jeremy Page placing first, Hampus Nordenson second and Ian Daly taking fourth. For the Summit girls it was Kelsey Griffith in first place and Tory Ratcliff placing fourth.
In the Half Pipe competition both the boys’ and girls’ teams took first overall.
For the Summit boys, Jeremy Page pulled off several amazing aerial tricks to take first, with Stephen Stenberg flying high to place second and Ian Daly showing some style to place third. Kelsey Griffith again placed first for the girls by showing the judges some huge air off her first hit. Tory Ratcliff took fourth and Ellery Young was in fifth.
The Summit boys are excited to defend their title as state champions from 2006 in the Oregon Interscholastic Snowboard Association. This year’s state championships will take place the weekend of March 10-11 at Mt. Hood Meadows.
The team has two more competitions this season at Mt. Hood Meadows.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge