Friday, March 30, 2007
News staff writer
February 17, 2007
The Summit Snowboard team continued its domination of the Gorge League in recent weekend competitions. In the Boardercross meet, the Summit Boys took three of the top four positions with Jeremy Page placing first, Hampus Nordenson second and Ian Daly taking fourth. For the Summit girls it was Kelsey Griffith in first place and Tory Ratcliff placing fourth.
In the Half Pipe competition both the boys’ and girls’ teams took first overall.
For the Summit boys, Jeremy Page pulled off several amazing aerial tricks to take first, with Stephen Stenberg flying high to place second and Ian Daly showing some style to place third. Kelsey Griffith again placed first for the girls by showing the judges some huge air off her first hit. Tory Ratcliff took fourth and Ellery Young was in fifth.
The Summit boys are excited to defend their title as state champions from 2006 in the Oregon Interscholastic Snowboard Association. This year’s state championships will take place the weekend of March 10-11 at Mt. Hood Meadows.
The team has two more competitions this season at Mt. Hood Meadows.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Westside forum July 26
- Fair Time: HOOD RIVER COUNTY FAIR — ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lassie’ films in HR in 1947
- Daily Bread: Blame it on The Moon
- McAlexanders celebrate 50th anniversary
- Hood River Library hosts Death Café
- Police Log, July 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, July 16 to 22
- Biologists give mixed news for Columbia steelhead
- Pet of the Week: Charlie is happy and playful
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge