Friday, March 30, 2007
News staff writer
February 17, 2007
The Summit Snowboard team continued its domination of the Gorge League in recent weekend competitions. In the Boardercross meet, the Summit Boys took three of the top four positions with Jeremy Page placing first, Hampus Nordenson second and Ian Daly taking fourth. For the Summit girls it was Kelsey Griffith in first place and Tory Ratcliff placing fourth.
In the Half Pipe competition both the boys’ and girls’ teams took first overall.
For the Summit boys, Jeremy Page pulled off several amazing aerial tricks to take first, with Stephen Stenberg flying high to place second and Ian Daly showing some style to place third. Kelsey Griffith again placed first for the girls by showing the judges some huge air off her first hit. Tory Ratcliff took fourth and Ellery Young was in fifth.
The Summit boys are excited to defend their title as state champions from 2006 in the Oregon Interscholastic Snowboard Association. This year’s state championships will take place the weekend of March 10-11 at Mt. Hood Meadows.
The team has two more competitions this season at Mt. Hood Meadows.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge