Saturday, March 31, 2007
By SUE RYAN
News staff writer
March 7, 2007
The Hood River County School District could use a willing candidate to run for the downtown Position 3, with the deadline to file for spring elections looming on March 15.
Candidates Liz Whitmore and Bob Danko have filed for Positions 1 and 5. For other unfilled positions, check at the county elections office.
Others who have filed so far include the following:
* Hood River County Transportation District — Paul Randall, Bill Byrne and Cliff Nakamura.
* Hood River Valley Parks and Recreation District — Art Carroll, Glenna M. Mahurin and Ross Brown.
* Odell RFPD — Eric Cederstam, Charles Weseman and Rodney Hasty.
* Port of Cascade Locks — Jean McLean, Kathy Woosley and Tim Lee.
* Port of Hood River — Sherry Bohn and Hoby Streich.
* West Side RFPD — Steve Benton and Mark Beam.
* Ice Fountain Water District — Don Decker.
* Parkdale RFPD — John Marker.
* Pine Grove RFPD — Gary Willis.
* Hood River School District school committees (three positions per school open for a total of 27 slots):
Pine Grove Elementary — Cindy Blachly.
Hood River Valley High School — Karen Temte Lloyd and Ellen Mallon.
All positions begin July 1, 2007.
Hood River County Elections office is located at 601 State St. in Hood River. For more information, call the elections and records at 386-1442.
More like this story
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge