Saturday, March 31, 2007
By SUE RYAN
News staff writer
March 7, 2007
The Hood River County School District could use a willing candidate to run for the downtown Position 3, with the deadline to file for spring elections looming on March 15.
Candidates Liz Whitmore and Bob Danko have filed for Positions 1 and 5. For other unfilled positions, check at the county elections office.
Others who have filed so far include the following:
* Hood River County Transportation District — Paul Randall, Bill Byrne and Cliff Nakamura.
* Hood River Valley Parks and Recreation District — Art Carroll, Glenna M. Mahurin and Ross Brown.
* Odell RFPD — Eric Cederstam, Charles Weseman and Rodney Hasty.
* Port of Cascade Locks — Jean McLean, Kathy Woosley and Tim Lee.
* Port of Hood River — Sherry Bohn and Hoby Streich.
* West Side RFPD — Steve Benton and Mark Beam.
* Ice Fountain Water District — Don Decker.
* Parkdale RFPD — John Marker.
* Pine Grove RFPD — Gary Willis.
* Hood River School District school committees (three positions per school open for a total of 27 slots):
Pine Grove Elementary — Cindy Blachly.
Hood River Valley High School — Karen Temte Lloyd and Ellen Mallon.
All positions begin July 1, 2007.
Hood River County Elections office is located at 601 State St. in Hood River. For more information, call the elections and records at 386-1442.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge