Saturday, March 31, 2007
By SUE RYAN
News staff writer
March 7, 2007
The Hood River County School District could use a willing candidate to run for the downtown Position 3, with the deadline to file for spring elections looming on March 15.
Candidates Liz Whitmore and Bob Danko have filed for Positions 1 and 5. For other unfilled positions, check at the county elections office.
Others who have filed so far include the following:
* Hood River County Transportation District — Paul Randall, Bill Byrne and Cliff Nakamura.
* Hood River Valley Parks and Recreation District — Art Carroll, Glenna M. Mahurin and Ross Brown.
* Odell RFPD — Eric Cederstam, Charles Weseman and Rodney Hasty.
* Port of Cascade Locks — Jean McLean, Kathy Woosley and Tim Lee.
* Port of Hood River — Sherry Bohn and Hoby Streich.
* West Side RFPD — Steve Benton and Mark Beam.
* Ice Fountain Water District — Don Decker.
* Parkdale RFPD — John Marker.
* Pine Grove RFPD — Gary Willis.
* Hood River School District school committees (three positions per school open for a total of 27 slots):
Pine Grove Elementary — Cindy Blachly.
Hood River Valley High School — Karen Temte Lloyd and Ellen Mallon.
All positions begin July 1, 2007.
Hood River County Elections office is located at 601 State St. in Hood River. For more information, call the elections and records at 386-1442.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge