Saturday, March 31, 2007
By SUE RYAN
News staff writer
March 7, 2007
The Hood River County School District could use a willing candidate to run for the downtown Position 3, with the deadline to file for spring elections looming on March 15.
Candidates Liz Whitmore and Bob Danko have filed for Positions 1 and 5. For other unfilled positions, check at the county elections office.
Others who have filed so far include the following:
* Hood River County Transportation District — Paul Randall, Bill Byrne and Cliff Nakamura.
* Hood River Valley Parks and Recreation District — Art Carroll, Glenna M. Mahurin and Ross Brown.
* Odell RFPD — Eric Cederstam, Charles Weseman and Rodney Hasty.
* Port of Cascade Locks — Jean McLean, Kathy Woosley and Tim Lee.
* Port of Hood River — Sherry Bohn and Hoby Streich.
* West Side RFPD — Steve Benton and Mark Beam.
* Ice Fountain Water District — Don Decker.
* Parkdale RFPD — John Marker.
* Pine Grove RFPD — Gary Willis.
* Hood River School District school committees (three positions per school open for a total of 27 slots):
Pine Grove Elementary — Cindy Blachly.
Hood River Valley High School — Karen Temte Lloyd and Ellen Mallon.
All positions begin July 1, 2007.
Hood River County Elections office is located at 601 State St. in Hood River. For more information, call the elections and records at 386-1442.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge