Thursday, December 30, 2010
HS lacrosse coaches needed.
Hood River Valley High School boys lacrosse is looking for coaches for the upcoming 2011 spring season. Call or e-mail head coach Mac Jackson, if interested, at 541-380-1789 or email@example.com.
Sign-up for middle school wrestling
Sign ups for middle school wrestling are now available at the HRCSD Community Education office and online at hrcommunityed.org under "recreation."
This year Hood River Middle School and Wy'east Middle School will each have their own team and participants will compete as Wy'east MS Eagles or Hood River MS Panthers. Each team will compete against The Dalles, Parkrose, Sandy, Estacada and each other. Beginners through advanced levels are invited to participate with weight classes ranging from 75 to 275 pounds.
Daily practices will be right after school beginning Jan. 10 and the HRCSD activity bus will be available for rides home after practices.
Bus transportation will be provided to competition events.
Cost is $65 with a T-shirt included. Uniforms will be checked out. There is a limit of 45 particpants per team.
Register with HR Community Education at 541-386-2055 or hrcommunityed.org.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge