Thursday, December 30, 2010
HS lacrosse coaches needed.
Hood River Valley High School boys lacrosse is looking for coaches for the upcoming 2011 spring season. Call or e-mail head coach Mac Jackson, if interested, at 541-380-1789 or email@example.com.
Sign-up for middle school wrestling
Sign ups for middle school wrestling are now available at the HRCSD Community Education office and online at hrcommunityed.org under "recreation."
This year Hood River Middle School and Wy'east Middle School will each have their own team and participants will compete as Wy'east MS Eagles or Hood River MS Panthers. Each team will compete against The Dalles, Parkrose, Sandy, Estacada and each other. Beginners through advanced levels are invited to participate with weight classes ranging from 75 to 275 pounds.
Daily practices will be right after school beginning Jan. 10 and the HRCSD activity bus will be available for rides home after practices.
Bus transportation will be provided to competition events.
Cost is $65 with a T-shirt included. Uniforms will be checked out. There is a limit of 45 particpants per team.
Register with HR Community Education at 541-386-2055 or hrcommunityed.org.
More like this story
- White Salmon Valley PTO holds 25th annual silent auction April 28
- CarFit Technician training held April 30
- Raices annual plant sale May 13
- Letters to the Editor for April 22
- Church News: Carina Miller at Riverside, Nazarene Blossom Bazaar
- Scholarship Benefit Saturday
- HAHRC Beats: Enjoy food more while eating less
- Area Agency on Aging seeks to redefine volunteering during National Volunteer Week, April 23-29
- Día de los Niños celebration April 28
- Drug Take Back Day April 29 at Skyline
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge