Thursday, December 30, 2010
HS lacrosse coaches needed.
Hood River Valley High School boys lacrosse is looking for coaches for the upcoming 2011 spring season. Call or e-mail head coach Mac Jackson, if interested, at 541-380-1789 or email@example.com.
Sign-up for middle school wrestling
Sign ups for middle school wrestling are now available at the HRCSD Community Education office and online at hrcommunityed.org under "recreation."
This year Hood River Middle School and Wy'east Middle School will each have their own team and participants will compete as Wy'east MS Eagles or Hood River MS Panthers. Each team will compete against The Dalles, Parkrose, Sandy, Estacada and each other. Beginners through advanced levels are invited to participate with weight classes ranging from 75 to 275 pounds.
Daily practices will be right after school beginning Jan. 10 and the HRCSD activity bus will be available for rides home after practices.
Bus transportation will be provided to competition events.
Cost is $65 with a T-shirt included. Uniforms will be checked out. There is a limit of 45 particpants per team.
Register with HR Community Education at 541-386-2055 or hrcommunityed.org.
More like this story
- Newborn season: Fish and Wildlife says leave young wildlife in the wild
- Pool notes: Dollar open swim offered Memorial Day
- Entertainment Update for May 25
- Death announcement for May 23: Anna Olson
- Hood River Valley wins 5A boys track title
- Water bottling ban passes, legal questions remain
- Murder suspect bails out, gets jailed again
- On the Marks: Dist. 52 candidates talk next moves
- Women pastors lead all three UCC congregations in the Gorge
- Fresh Start Culinary Arts seeks applicants for summer
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge