Thursday, December 30, 2010
HS lacrosse coaches needed.
Hood River Valley High School boys lacrosse is looking for coaches for the upcoming 2011 spring season. Call or e-mail head coach Mac Jackson, if interested, at 541-380-1789 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign-up for middle school wrestling
Sign ups for middle school wrestling are now available at the HRCSD Community Education office and online at hrcommunityed.org under "recreation."
This year Hood River Middle School and Wy'east Middle School will each have their own team and participants will compete as Wy'east MS Eagles or Hood River MS Panthers. Each team will compete against The Dalles, Parkrose, Sandy, Estacada and each other. Beginners through advanced levels are invited to participate with weight classes ranging from 75 to 275 pounds.
Daily practices will be right after school beginning Jan. 10 and the HRCSD activity bus will be available for rides home after practices.
Bus transportation will be provided to competition events.
Cost is $65 with a T-shirt included. Uniforms will be checked out. There is a limit of 45 particpants per team.
Register with HR Community Education at 541-386-2055 or hrcommunityed.org.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge