Monday, July 26, 2010
An adult female died and her husband, a Marine home on leave, was critically injured Tuesday evening in a two-vehicle accident on Highway 35 near Parkdale.
Rosario Ester Harvey, 28, was pronounced dead at the scene after the head-on collision. She had been a passenger in the 2007 Toyota Corolla driven by her husband, Westun Harvey, 20, who is assigned to a Marine Corps base in California.
He was transported by ambulance to the Parkdale Ranger Station and Lifeflighted to the Oregon Health Sciences University in Portland.
His brother, John Arthur Harvey II, 25, was the driver of a tow truck that was also wrecked. John was taken to Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital where he was treated for minor injuries and released.
John and Westun are the sons of John and Rachel Harvey of Mt. Hood. The family owns Mt. Hood Salvage and Towing.
Anderson’s Tribute Center of Hood River transported Rosario’s remains from the scene.
According to an Oregon State Police report, the accident occurred shortly after 7 p.m. on July 13.
John Harvey was reportedly traveling southbound in a 1995 GMC 3500 roll bed tow truck. He was about 14 miles south of Hood River when his vehicle struck the northbound car driven by his younger brother.
Rosario and John were apparently using safety restraints when the wreck occurred. Investigators have not confirmed at this time if Westun was using a safety restraint but his car’s airbag did deploy.
Hood River County District Attorney John Sewell and OSP troopers are investigating the cause of the wreck.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge