Friday, April 8, 2011
Take your pick of things to do this weekend: dinner, theater, rally and auction.
Perhaps even at the same time.
This will be one of those weekends that happen just about anywhere but seem to occur in Hood River on a frequent basis: a wide array of enjoyable and worthwhile events, in the space of two days.
In short, it will be packed - and let's hope the events are, too.
Where to begin?
Bite of the Gorge, for Columbia Gorge Arts in Education, happens at Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum, with a terrific assortment of food and drink, music, and gorgeous art plates up for bid. (Details in Happenings, B3.)
Mt. Hood Town Hall's annual "Enchanted Evening" is Saturday. There'll be dinner, dessert and dancing to the sounds of local band LoLo Mo, and a silent auction including get-aways and local art and jewelry.
Want to see a show? Choose between Lions Follies and Horizon Christian School's "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" (Kaleidoscope, page B1). The two shows have identical runs, so you could see one performed this weekend and the other April 14-16.
The annual Hood River Apple Cup electric car rally happens downtown on Saturday (details in 3 to Go on page A1). In this annual event, students from the HRVHS e-car program get to show off their design and driving skills in a controlled course on closed downtown streets. The weather forecast is for light rain, which would allow the rally to proceed. It's based not on speed but on the distance a car can travel in one hour.
Speaking of WAAAM, and cars, the museum's monthly Second Saturday happens again Saturday.
Most of the displays are inside, but if the weather's right it's your chance to see some remarkable vehicles and airplanes rolled out of the hangar for a bit of exercise.
Rain or shine, this weekend's plethora of events provides a generous set of choices. Take a break from the yard chores and treat yourself.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 3
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge