Friday, April 8, 2011
Women from around the country have the chance to be among 12 chosen to model for Maurices.
Maurices of Hood River is located in Cascade Commons on West Cascade Avenue.
The young women's retailer is looking for 12 real girls in all sizes to model Maurices clothing, and the runways for the photo shoots will be the models' hometowns. The models will be selected through Maurices Main Street Model Search.
Women ages 18 and older can enter. They'll need to upload photos and a video about themselves. They'll also need to answer a few questions about why Maurices should select them and what makes their hometown special. Full model contest rules should be reviewed before entering.
The top 12 models will each receive a photo shoot in their hometown and national exposure at Maurices store locations, www.maurices.com, mailers and social media; $1,500 in clothing; and a Flip Video camera to capture their path to becoming a model. Maurices will also work with each model to select a nonprofit organization in her hometown to receive a $7,500 charitable makeover.
Women can enter online now through April 7. Online voting is open from April 10-24, with each voter receiving a coupon for 20 percent off at Maurices and a chance to win gift cards. The top 12 models will be announced May 9.
For more information, visit maurices.com or facebook.com/maurices.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill