Friday, April 8, 2011
Women from around the country have the chance to be among 12 chosen to model for Maurices.
Maurices of Hood River is located in Cascade Commons on West Cascade Avenue.
The young women's retailer is looking for 12 real girls in all sizes to model Maurices clothing, and the runways for the photo shoots will be the models' hometowns. The models will be selected through Maurices Main Street Model Search.
Women ages 18 and older can enter. They'll need to upload photos and a video about themselves. They'll also need to answer a few questions about why Maurices should select them and what makes their hometown special. Full model contest rules should be reviewed before entering.
The top 12 models will each receive a photo shoot in their hometown and national exposure at Maurices store locations, www.maurices.com, mailers and social media; $1,500 in clothing; and a Flip Video camera to capture their path to becoming a model. Maurices will also work with each model to select a nonprofit organization in her hometown to receive a $7,500 charitable makeover.
Women can enter online now through April 7. Online voting is open from April 10-24, with each voter receiving a coupon for 20 percent off at Maurices and a chance to win gift cards. The top 12 models will be announced May 9.
For more information, visit maurices.com or facebook.com/maurices.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge