Friday, April 8, 2011
Women from around the country have the chance to be among 12 chosen to model for Maurices.
Maurices of Hood River is located in Cascade Commons on West Cascade Avenue.
The young women's retailer is looking for 12 real girls in all sizes to model Maurices clothing, and the runways for the photo shoots will be the models' hometowns. The models will be selected through Maurices Main Street Model Search.
Women ages 18 and older can enter. They'll need to upload photos and a video about themselves. They'll also need to answer a few questions about why Maurices should select them and what makes their hometown special. Full model contest rules should be reviewed before entering.
The top 12 models will each receive a photo shoot in their hometown and national exposure at Maurices store locations, www.maurices.com, mailers and social media; $1,500 in clothing; and a Flip Video camera to capture their path to becoming a model. Maurices will also work with each model to select a nonprofit organization in her hometown to receive a $7,500 charitable makeover.
Women can enter online now through April 7. Online voting is open from April 10-24, with each voter receiving a coupon for 20 percent off at Maurices and a chance to win gift cards. The top 12 models will be announced May 9.
For more information, visit maurices.com or facebook.com/maurices.
More like this story
- HRV grad and track athlete Parker Kennedy recovering from freak javelin accident at USATF meet in Beaverton
- Bridge of the Gods local sticker effective Friday
- Police report burglaries
- Hood River Death Café meets July 9
- Windermere holds annual food drive
- Fresh Start begins class series for home cooks
- Beauchamps celebrate 58th anniversary
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge