Friday, April 8, 2011
Women from around the country have the chance to be among 12 chosen to model for Maurices.
Maurices of Hood River is located in Cascade Commons on West Cascade Avenue.
The young women's retailer is looking for 12 real girls in all sizes to model Maurices clothing, and the runways for the photo shoots will be the models' hometowns. The models will be selected through Maurices Main Street Model Search.
Women ages 18 and older can enter. They'll need to upload photos and a video about themselves. They'll also need to answer a few questions about why Maurices should select them and what makes their hometown special. Full model contest rules should be reviewed before entering.
The top 12 models will each receive a photo shoot in their hometown and national exposure at Maurices store locations, www.maurices.com, mailers and social media; $1,500 in clothing; and a Flip Video camera to capture their path to becoming a model. Maurices will also work with each model to select a nonprofit organization in her hometown to receive a $7,500 charitable makeover.
Women can enter online now through April 7. Online voting is open from April 10-24, with each voter receiving a coupon for 20 percent off at Maurices and a chance to win gift cards. The top 12 models will be announced May 9.
For more information, visit maurices.com or facebook.com/maurices.
More like this story
- Fireworks: ‘Keep it safe, keep it legal’
- Youth mobile nutrition program returns at two Hood River locations
- County board slates $200K in Windmaster Plan for Airport
- ‘Stick to the Westside plan’
- Letters to the Editor for June 28
- Math in a Basket: a second grade teacher sees the connections
- Public Records: Building Records
- Find Your Park
- YESTERYEARS ‘Capacity crowd’ fills Hood River High School auditorium for Flag Day in 1947
- Sports briefs for June 28
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge