Friday, April 8, 2011
Women from around the country have the chance to be among 12 chosen to model for Maurices.
Maurices of Hood River is located in Cascade Commons on West Cascade Avenue.
The young women's retailer is looking for 12 real girls in all sizes to model Maurices clothing, and the runways for the photo shoots will be the models' hometowns. The models will be selected through Maurices Main Street Model Search.
Women ages 18 and older can enter. They'll need to upload photos and a video about themselves. They'll also need to answer a few questions about why Maurices should select them and what makes their hometown special. Full model contest rules should be reviewed before entering.
The top 12 models will each receive a photo shoot in their hometown and national exposure at Maurices store locations, www.maurices.com, mailers and social media; $1,500 in clothing; and a Flip Video camera to capture their path to becoming a model. Maurices will also work with each model to select a nonprofit organization in her hometown to receive a $7,500 charitable makeover.
Women can enter online now through April 7. Online voting is open from April 10-24, with each voter receiving a coupon for 20 percent off at Maurices and a chance to win gift cards. The top 12 models will be announced May 9.
For more information, visit maurices.com or facebook.com/maurices.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge