Friday, April 8, 2011
Sen. Merkley hosts town halls
Oregon Sen. Jeff Merkley will hold town halls in Wasco, Hood River, Sherman and Jefferson counties next week.
He will update constituents on his work in Washington, D.C., and answer their questions and invite their suggestions about how to tackle the challenges facing Oregon and America.
"Traveling across Oregon and meeting with residents in every county is crucial to helping me advocate for all Oregonians," Merkley said.
"I invite all residents of Wasco, Hood River, Sherman and Jefferson counties to come and discuss how we can create jobs, strengthen Oregon and put America on the right track."
In 2008, Merkley pledged to hold town halls in each of Oregon's 36 counties every year. He upheld his pledge in 2009 and 2010 and is continuing that commitment in 2011. Wasco, Hood River, Sherman and Jefferson counties will be his 91st, 92nd, 93rd and 94th town halls since becoming U.S. Senator.
Sen. Merkley’s schedule:
2 p.m. — Mid Columbia Senior Center, 1112 W. Ninth St., The Dalles
5 p.m. — Hood River Middle School cafeteria, 1602 May St.
More like this story
- Schools seek applicants for budget panel
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge