Friday, April 8, 2011
Sen. Merkley hosts town halls
Oregon Sen. Jeff Merkley will hold town halls in Wasco, Hood River, Sherman and Jefferson counties next week.
He will update constituents on his work in Washington, D.C., and answer their questions and invite their suggestions about how to tackle the challenges facing Oregon and America.
"Traveling across Oregon and meeting with residents in every county is crucial to helping me advocate for all Oregonians," Merkley said.
"I invite all residents of Wasco, Hood River, Sherman and Jefferson counties to come and discuss how we can create jobs, strengthen Oregon and put America on the right track."
In 2008, Merkley pledged to hold town halls in each of Oregon's 36 counties every year. He upheld his pledge in 2009 and 2010 and is continuing that commitment in 2011. Wasco, Hood River, Sherman and Jefferson counties will be his 91st, 92nd, 93rd and 94th town halls since becoming U.S. Senator.
Sen. Merkley’s schedule:
2 p.m. — Mid Columbia Senior Center, 1112 W. Ninth St., The Dalles
5 p.m. — Hood River Middle School cafeteria, 1602 May St.
More like this story
- Cider Central: Cider Café opens, ’Gorge Society’ rebrands
- HR Library hosts Songwriters in the Round Sept. 16
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 5
- Labor Day: Drive with care, and take a moment to honor workers who can’t take a break
- Editor's Notebook: Will guards’ new disdain cancel refugees tickets’ aboard today’s European train?
- Police Log, Aug. 24 to 30
- Building Permits, City, August 2015
- HRV girls soccer looks to continue its winning ways
- Sports Briefs for Sept. 5
- Young team, playoff dreams for HRV volleyball
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge