Friday, April 8, 2011
Sen. Merkley hosts town halls
Oregon Sen. Jeff Merkley will hold town halls in Wasco, Hood River, Sherman and Jefferson counties next week.
He will update constituents on his work in Washington, D.C., and answer their questions and invite their suggestions about how to tackle the challenges facing Oregon and America.
"Traveling across Oregon and meeting with residents in every county is crucial to helping me advocate for all Oregonians," Merkley said.
"I invite all residents of Wasco, Hood River, Sherman and Jefferson counties to come and discuss how we can create jobs, strengthen Oregon and put America on the right track."
In 2008, Merkley pledged to hold town halls in each of Oregon's 36 counties every year. He upheld his pledge in 2009 and 2010 and is continuing that commitment in 2011. Wasco, Hood River, Sherman and Jefferson counties will be his 91st, 92nd, 93rd and 94th town halls since becoming U.S. Senator.
Sen. Merkley’s schedule:
2 p.m. — Mid Columbia Senior Center, 1112 W. Ninth St., The Dalles
5 p.m. — Hood River Middle School cafeteria, 1602 May St.
More like this story
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge