Friday, April 8, 2011
Sen. Merkley hosts town halls
Oregon Sen. Jeff Merkley will hold town halls in Wasco, Hood River, Sherman and Jefferson counties next week.
He will update constituents on his work in Washington, D.C., and answer their questions and invite their suggestions about how to tackle the challenges facing Oregon and America.
"Traveling across Oregon and meeting with residents in every county is crucial to helping me advocate for all Oregonians," Merkley said.
"I invite all residents of Wasco, Hood River, Sherman and Jefferson counties to come and discuss how we can create jobs, strengthen Oregon and put America on the right track."
In 2008, Merkley pledged to hold town halls in each of Oregon's 36 counties every year. He upheld his pledge in 2009 and 2010 and is continuing that commitment in 2011. Wasco, Hood River, Sherman and Jefferson counties will be his 91st, 92nd, 93rd and 94th town halls since becoming U.S. Senator.
Sen. Merkley’s schedule:
2 p.m. — Mid Columbia Senior Center, 1112 W. Ninth St., The Dalles
5 p.m. — Hood River Middle School cafeteria, 1602 May St.
More like this story
- ‘Weather Spotters’ training comes to CL
- Service announcement for Nov. 22 edition: Ned Marshall
- Death notices for Nov. 22 edition: Gerald Hopsicker, Nobi Akiyama and Westlake Cannon
- Columbia Gorge Hotel turns on its lights Nov. 25
- Betty and Kenny Short celebrate 65 years
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
Bagpipers perform at Fall Simple Gifts
The Portland Guard pipers prepare and then perform at the Fall Simple Gifts concert at Riverside Church Enlarge