Friday, April 8, 2011
Indian Creek spring and summer programs start soon
Indian creek golf instruction programs for the spring and summer season are getting underway soon.
For junior level 1, designed for golfers with no previous experience ages 8-12, there will be three sessions. The first is May 7-June 4, the second June 18-July 16 and the third is July 30 to Aug. 27. The cost for each session is $85 for five one-hour lessons. Lessons will focus on pre-shot fundamentals, putting, short game, full swing basics and etiquette. Refreshments and prizes are provided. Clinics will be Saturday's from 12:30-1:30 p.m. A junior level two course for 8-12 year-olds who have completed level one will be held during the same date range from 2-3 p.m. Cost for the course is $85 and includes instruction on full swing, putting, short game, bunker shots, rules and eitiquette.
A women's level 1 and 2 course is $85 and allows formation of groups and lesson times for a five-week course. Handouts of instruction and drills are provided.
For registration or more details, call the Indian Creek Pro Shop at 541-386-7770.
Port Criteriums start April 7
The Port of Hood River Criterium bicycle race series starts April 7 and will be run Thursdays through April 28.
Racing will start at 5:30 p.m. each night, with registration beginning at 5 p.m. in the southwest corner of the event site parking lot. OBRA registration is required and single day registrations are available. For more information on fees and age categories, visit obra.org and find the Criterium in the events calendar.
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda