Wednesday, April 13, 2011
The Hood River Valley girls tennis team dominated Pendleton in its second league match Thursday at Pendleton Thursday afternoon.
The Eagles won 8-0 with several players and teams pulling out wins in close matches.
Teal Munos and Emily Ziegner both won three-set matches, with Munos dropping the first set 6-7 but then winning the next two 6-1, 6-2.
Ziegner also lost the first set, 4-6, but then won 6-2, 6-0 to get the win.
In No. 4 doubles Megan Sears and Sophie Zega rallied for a 6-3, 7-5 two-set victory.
Most of the other Eagles disposed of their Pendleton opponents fairly easily.
Frances Burns won in two sets, as did Celine Lentz. In doubles, Kirra Paulus and McKenzie Kerr won 6-0, 6-0 and Maddie Chambers and Emily Roberts and Cristal Cornejo and Carly Peterson also won in two sets.
THE HRV boys hosted a double headers Saturday, losing to Redmond 5-0 in a rain shortened match and then falling to Mt. View 6-2.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge