Wednesday, April 13, 2011
The Hood River Valley girls tennis team dominated Pendleton in its second league match Thursday at Pendleton Thursday afternoon.
The Eagles won 8-0 with several players and teams pulling out wins in close matches.
Teal Munos and Emily Ziegner both won three-set matches, with Munos dropping the first set 6-7 but then winning the next two 6-1, 6-2.
Ziegner also lost the first set, 4-6, but then won 6-2, 6-0 to get the win.
In No. 4 doubles Megan Sears and Sophie Zega rallied for a 6-3, 7-5 two-set victory.
Most of the other Eagles disposed of their Pendleton opponents fairly easily.
Frances Burns won in two sets, as did Celine Lentz. In doubles, Kirra Paulus and McKenzie Kerr won 6-0, 6-0 and Maddie Chambers and Emily Roberts and Cristal Cornejo and Carly Peterson also won in two sets.
THE HRV boys hosted a double headers Saturday, losing to Redmond 5-0 in a rain shortened match and then falling to Mt. View 6-2.
More like this story
- Cider Central: Cider Café opens, ’Gorge Society’ rebrands
- HR Library hosts Songwriters in the Round Sept. 16
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 5
- Labor Day: Drive with care, and take a moment to honor workers who can’t take a break
- Editor's Notebook: Will guards’ new disdain cancel refugees tickets’ aboard today’s European train?
- Police Log, Aug. 24 to 30
- Building Permits, City, August 2015
- HRV girls soccer looks to continue its winning ways
- Sports Briefs for Sept. 5
- Young team, playoff dreams for HRV volleyball
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge