Wednesday, April 13, 2011
The Hood River Valley girls tennis team dominated Pendleton in its second league match Thursday at Pendleton Thursday afternoon.
The Eagles won 8-0 with several players and teams pulling out wins in close matches.
Teal Munos and Emily Ziegner both won three-set matches, with Munos dropping the first set 6-7 but then winning the next two 6-1, 6-2.
Ziegner also lost the first set, 4-6, but then won 6-2, 6-0 to get the win.
In No. 4 doubles Megan Sears and Sophie Zega rallied for a 6-3, 7-5 two-set victory.
Most of the other Eagles disposed of their Pendleton opponents fairly easily.
Frances Burns won in two sets, as did Celine Lentz. In doubles, Kirra Paulus and McKenzie Kerr won 6-0, 6-0 and Maddie Chambers and Emily Roberts and Cristal Cornejo and Carly Peterson also won in two sets.
THE HRV boys hosted a double headers Saturday, losing to Redmond 5-0 in a rain shortened match and then falling to Mt. View 6-2.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
- Letters to the Editor for July 23
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge