Wednesday, April 13, 2011
The Hood River Valley girls tennis team dominated Pendleton in its second league match Thursday at Pendleton Thursday afternoon.
The Eagles won 8-0 with several players and teams pulling out wins in close matches.
Teal Munos and Emily Ziegner both won three-set matches, with Munos dropping the first set 6-7 but then winning the next two 6-1, 6-2.
Ziegner also lost the first set, 4-6, but then won 6-2, 6-0 to get the win.
In No. 4 doubles Megan Sears and Sophie Zega rallied for a 6-3, 7-5 two-set victory.
Most of the other Eagles disposed of their Pendleton opponents fairly easily.
Frances Burns won in two sets, as did Celine Lentz. In doubles, Kirra Paulus and McKenzie Kerr won 6-0, 6-0 and Maddie Chambers and Emily Roberts and Cristal Cornejo and Carly Peterson also won in two sets.
THE HRV boys hosted a double headers Saturday, losing to Redmond 5-0 in a rain shortened match and then falling to Mt. View 6-2.
More like this story
- Flags Lowered: Seaside Police Sgt. Jason Goodding
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6