Wednesday, April 13, 2011
The Hood River Valley girls tennis team dominated Pendleton in its second league match Thursday at Pendleton Thursday afternoon.
The Eagles won 8-0 with several players and teams pulling out wins in close matches.
Teal Munos and Emily Ziegner both won three-set matches, with Munos dropping the first set 6-7 but then winning the next two 6-1, 6-2.
Ziegner also lost the first set, 4-6, but then won 6-2, 6-0 to get the win.
In No. 4 doubles Megan Sears and Sophie Zega rallied for a 6-3, 7-5 two-set victory.
Most of the other Eagles disposed of their Pendleton opponents fairly easily.
Frances Burns won in two sets, as did Celine Lentz. In doubles, Kirra Paulus and McKenzie Kerr won 6-0, 6-0 and Maddie Chambers and Emily Roberts and Cristal Cornejo and Carly Peterson also won in two sets.
THE HRV boys hosted a double headers Saturday, losing to Redmond 5-0 in a rain shortened match and then falling to Mt. View 6-2.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge