Saturday, April 16, 2011
Judy Mae Blouin, 61, passed away April 11, 2011, at her home in Odell, Ore., with family by her side. She was born Sept. 23, 1949.
A memorial service is planned for 5:30 p.m. Monday, April 18, at The Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, located at 1619 Tucker Road, with a reception to follow at the Hood River Valley Adult Center at 2010 Sterling Place.
A full obituary will follow in Wednesday's edition of the News.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson's Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Service announcement for May 7: Margaret Workman Hill
- Death notice for May 7: Yoshio Kiyokawa
- Entertainment Update for May 7
- Plant sales this weekend benefit educational programs
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- Pet of the week: Dessa needs ‘room to use her hound nose’
- Letters to the editor for May 4
- ANOTHER VOICE: Passing countywide ordinance ‘is wrong’
- Yes to School Bond
- Going Solar: Amateur astronomer provides safe view of our nearest neighborhood star
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge