Saturday, April 16, 2011
Judy Mae Blouin, 61, passed away April 11, 2011, at her home in Odell, Ore., with family by her side. She was born Sept. 23, 1949.
A memorial service is planned for 5:30 p.m. Monday, April 18, at The Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, located at 1619 Tucker Road, with a reception to follow at the Hood River Valley Adult Center at 2010 Sterling Place.
A full obituary will follow in Wednesday's edition of the News.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson's Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge