Monday, April 18, 2011
Cascade Acupuncture hosts Coffee Clatter, receives award
The host will be the honoree Friday at Hood River Chamber's Coffee Clatter, 8 to 9 a.m. at Cascade Acupuncture Center, 104 Fifth St.
Cascade Acupuncture Center has been awarded the 2010 Small Business of the Year Award and will be presented a plaque by Mary Merrill from the Small Business Development Center.
Coffee and morning snacks will be served, and a drawing will be held. The event is open to anyone; businesses and groups will take turns making brief announcements.
Full Sail releases new 'Brewer Share' ale
"Spring has Sprung," a Cascadian Blonde Ale (ABV 6.3 IBU 50) crafted by brewer Josh Pfriem, is Full Sail Brewery's newest Brewer Share ale.
Two "Meet the Brewer and the Beer" events will showcase the new beer: Full Sail at Riverplace in Portland, April 19, and at the pub in Hood River, April 21; both are from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
Riverside restaurant boosts kids programs
Riverside restaurant and the Best Western Hood River Inn are donating proceeds from "kids meals" to a Community Education fund targeted toward middle school sports expenses.
The children's menu (12-and-under) is available for breakfast, lunch and dinner for $5; all proceeds will be donated.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge