Monday, April 18, 2011
Cascade Acupuncture hosts Coffee Clatter, receives award
The host will be the honoree Friday at Hood River Chamber's Coffee Clatter, 8 to 9 a.m. at Cascade Acupuncture Center, 104 Fifth St.
Cascade Acupuncture Center has been awarded the 2010 Small Business of the Year Award and will be presented a plaque by Mary Merrill from the Small Business Development Center.
Coffee and morning snacks will be served, and a drawing will be held. The event is open to anyone; businesses and groups will take turns making brief announcements.
Full Sail releases new 'Brewer Share' ale
"Spring has Sprung," a Cascadian Blonde Ale (ABV 6.3 IBU 50) crafted by brewer Josh Pfriem, is Full Sail Brewery's newest Brewer Share ale.
Two "Meet the Brewer and the Beer" events will showcase the new beer: Full Sail at Riverplace in Portland, April 19, and at the pub in Hood River, April 21; both are from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
Riverside restaurant boosts kids programs
Riverside restaurant and the Best Western Hood River Inn are donating proceeds from "kids meals" to a Community Education fund targeted toward middle school sports expenses.
The children's menu (12-and-under) is available for breakfast, lunch and dinner for $5; all proceeds will be donated.
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda