Monday, April 18, 2011
Cascade Acupuncture hosts Coffee Clatter, receives award
The host will be the honoree Friday at Hood River Chamber's Coffee Clatter, 8 to 9 a.m. at Cascade Acupuncture Center, 104 Fifth St.
Cascade Acupuncture Center has been awarded the 2010 Small Business of the Year Award and will be presented a plaque by Mary Merrill from the Small Business Development Center.
Coffee and morning snacks will be served, and a drawing will be held. The event is open to anyone; businesses and groups will take turns making brief announcements.
Full Sail releases new 'Brewer Share' ale
"Spring has Sprung," a Cascadian Blonde Ale (ABV 6.3 IBU 50) crafted by brewer Josh Pfriem, is Full Sail Brewery's newest Brewer Share ale.
Two "Meet the Brewer and the Beer" events will showcase the new beer: Full Sail at Riverplace in Portland, April 19, and at the pub in Hood River, April 21; both are from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
Riverside restaurant boosts kids programs
Riverside restaurant and the Best Western Hood River Inn are donating proceeds from "kids meals" to a Community Education fund targeted toward middle school sports expenses.
The children's menu (12-and-under) is available for breakfast, lunch and dinner for $5; all proceeds will be donated.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge