Monday, April 18, 2011
Cascade Acupuncture hosts Coffee Clatter, receives award
The host will be the honoree Friday at Hood River Chamber's Coffee Clatter, 8 to 9 a.m. at Cascade Acupuncture Center, 104 Fifth St.
Cascade Acupuncture Center has been awarded the 2010 Small Business of the Year Award and will be presented a plaque by Mary Merrill from the Small Business Development Center.
Coffee and morning snacks will be served, and a drawing will be held. The event is open to anyone; businesses and groups will take turns making brief announcements.
Full Sail releases new 'Brewer Share' ale
"Spring has Sprung," a Cascadian Blonde Ale (ABV 6.3 IBU 50) crafted by brewer Josh Pfriem, is Full Sail Brewery's newest Brewer Share ale.
Two "Meet the Brewer and the Beer" events will showcase the new beer: Full Sail at Riverplace in Portland, April 19, and at the pub in Hood River, April 21; both are from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
Riverside restaurant boosts kids programs
Riverside restaurant and the Best Western Hood River Inn are donating proceeds from "kids meals" to a Community Education fund targeted toward middle school sports expenses.
The children's menu (12-and-under) is available for breakfast, lunch and dinner for $5; all proceeds will be donated.
More like this story
- Cider Central: Cider Café opens, ’Gorge Society’ rebrands
- HR Library hosts Songwriters in the Round Sept. 16
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 5
- Labor Day: Drive with care, and take a moment to honor workers who can’t take a break
- Editor's Notebook: Will guards’ new disdain cancel refugees tickets’ aboard today’s European train?
- Police Log, Aug. 24 to 30
- Building Permits, City, August 2015
- HRV girls soccer looks to continue its winning ways
- Sports Briefs for Sept. 5
- Young team, playoff dreams for HRV volleyball
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge