Monday, April 18, 2011
Cascade Acupuncture hosts Coffee Clatter, receives award
The host will be the honoree Friday at Hood River Chamber's Coffee Clatter, 8 to 9 a.m. at Cascade Acupuncture Center, 104 Fifth St.
Cascade Acupuncture Center has been awarded the 2010 Small Business of the Year Award and will be presented a plaque by Mary Merrill from the Small Business Development Center.
Coffee and morning snacks will be served, and a drawing will be held. The event is open to anyone; businesses and groups will take turns making brief announcements.
Full Sail releases new 'Brewer Share' ale
"Spring has Sprung," a Cascadian Blonde Ale (ABV 6.3 IBU 50) crafted by brewer Josh Pfriem, is Full Sail Brewery's newest Brewer Share ale.
Two "Meet the Brewer and the Beer" events will showcase the new beer: Full Sail at Riverplace in Portland, April 19, and at the pub in Hood River, April 21; both are from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
Riverside restaurant boosts kids programs
Riverside restaurant and the Best Western Hood River Inn are donating proceeds from "kids meals" to a Community Education fund targeted toward middle school sports expenses.
The children's menu (12-and-under) is available for breakfast, lunch and dinner for $5; all proceeds will be donated.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge