Saturday, April 23, 2011
Mildred Ruth Williams, 79, a longtime Hood River, Ore., resident, died April 18, 2011, at Avamere Retirement Center in Salem, Ore. Mildred was born Sept. 9, 1931, in Haskle, Texas, to Emil and Faye (Fultz) Decker.
A private graveside service will be held April 29 at Idlewilde Cemetery in Hood River. Arrangements are entrusted to Keizer Funeral Chapel. Online condolences may be made to www.keizerchapel.com. Memorials may be made to Willamette Valley Hospice or Hospice of the Gorge.
A full obituary will appear in the April 27 edition of the News.
More like this story
- Death Notices for Sept. 19 edition: John Wishart, Linda Fowler, William Weis, James Clifton and Crisoforo Galvan-Herrera
- Service Announcement for Sept. 20 edition: Charles Hiatt
- Evacuations lifted for all Hood River Valley
- ‘Boot Scootin’ Boogie Ball’ Oct. 7
- Weed of the month: English ivy
- Introduction to geocaching meeting Sept. 30 in Parkdale
- Smithsonian’s ‘Museum Day Live!’ celebrated at local museums
- Remembrance ceremony Oct. 15
- Take precautions as air quality decreases
- ‘Conoce Tu Columbia’ launch party Sept. 19
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge