Saturday, April 23, 2011
Mildred Ruth Williams, 79, a longtime Hood River, Ore., resident, died April 18, 2011, at Avamere Retirement Center in Salem, Ore. Mildred was born Sept. 9, 1931, in Haskle, Texas, to Emil and Faye (Fultz) Decker.
A private graveside service will be held April 29 at Idlewilde Cemetery in Hood River. Arrangements are entrusted to Keizer Funeral Chapel. Online condolences may be made to www.keizerchapel.com. Memorials may be made to Willamette Valley Hospice or Hospice of the Gorge.
A full obituary will appear in the April 27 edition of the News.
More like this story
- CASA launches 2017 Playhouse Raffle
- YESTERYEARS: Ross, Daphne Hukari Animal Shelter opens in 2007
- ‘Guy, Guitar, Girl’: young actor seeks film support
- A ‘transforming gift’
- Author signing June 3 at HR Farmers’ Market
- Sports briefs for May 24
- Fresh and Local: Farmers Markets in the Gorge
- Gorge Scenic Area planning grant uncertain
- Wrong-way chase and arrest
- Ex-deputy sentenced for luring a minor
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge