Friday, August 26, 2011
The Beresford Company and Thursday Twilight League teams earned first-place trophies in Columbia Gorge Community College Foundation's 12th Annual Founder's Cup Golf Tournament at Indian Creek Golf Course on Aug. 6.
The Beresford team from Portland of Tad Richards, Ron Hitchcock, Jason Beam and Nita Posada scored 59 in the low gross category and Thursday Twilight League team from Hood River of Joe Laraway, Todd Lauble, Cristy Barsky and Kelly Emerson had a score of 49.2 to win the low net prize.
Columbia State Bank sponsored the benefit tournament to raise money for the CGCC Foundation Scholarship Fund. Overall, the tournament raised around $16,000 for scholarships to the college.
Design Structures of The Dalles and Todd Construction won second-place team trophies, while teams sponsored by Charles K. Toole and Google took home third-place awards.
Dixie Schanno and Dylan May won closest-to-the-pin contests and awards. Longest drive awards went to Iberdrola's Shane Allen and Suzy Sato.
Chris Fenwick hit closest-to-the-box to win a Papa Murphy's pizza each month for one year.
No one drove home the hole-in-one prize of a new Jeep from C. H. Urness Motor Co.
Columbia Gorge Community College Foundation members invite golfers of all ability levels to join next year's 13th Annual Founder's Cup golf tournament on Aug. 4. For more information call 541-506-6111.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge