Friday, August 26, 2011
The Beresford Company and Thursday Twilight League teams earned first-place trophies in Columbia Gorge Community College Foundation's 12th Annual Founder's Cup Golf Tournament at Indian Creek Golf Course on Aug. 6.
The Beresford team from Portland of Tad Richards, Ron Hitchcock, Jason Beam and Nita Posada scored 59 in the low gross category and Thursday Twilight League team from Hood River of Joe Laraway, Todd Lauble, Cristy Barsky and Kelly Emerson had a score of 49.2 to win the low net prize.
Columbia State Bank sponsored the benefit tournament to raise money for the CGCC Foundation Scholarship Fund. Overall, the tournament raised around $16,000 for scholarships to the college.
Design Structures of The Dalles and Todd Construction won second-place team trophies, while teams sponsored by Charles K. Toole and Google took home third-place awards.
Dixie Schanno and Dylan May won closest-to-the-pin contests and awards. Longest drive awards went to Iberdrola's Shane Allen and Suzy Sato.
Chris Fenwick hit closest-to-the-box to win a Papa Murphy's pizza each month for one year.
No one drove home the hole-in-one prize of a new Jeep from C. H. Urness Motor Co.
Columbia Gorge Community College Foundation members invite golfers of all ability levels to join next year's 13th Annual Founder's Cup golf tournament on Aug. 4. For more information call 541-506-6111.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge