Friday, August 26, 2011
The Beresford Company and Thursday Twilight League teams earned first-place trophies in Columbia Gorge Community College Foundation's 12th Annual Founder's Cup Golf Tournament at Indian Creek Golf Course on Aug. 6.
The Beresford team from Portland of Tad Richards, Ron Hitchcock, Jason Beam and Nita Posada scored 59 in the low gross category and Thursday Twilight League team from Hood River of Joe Laraway, Todd Lauble, Cristy Barsky and Kelly Emerson had a score of 49.2 to win the low net prize.
Columbia State Bank sponsored the benefit tournament to raise money for the CGCC Foundation Scholarship Fund. Overall, the tournament raised around $16,000 for scholarships to the college.
Design Structures of The Dalles and Todd Construction won second-place team trophies, while teams sponsored by Charles K. Toole and Google took home third-place awards.
Dixie Schanno and Dylan May won closest-to-the-pin contests and awards. Longest drive awards went to Iberdrola's Shane Allen and Suzy Sato.
Chris Fenwick hit closest-to-the-box to win a Papa Murphy's pizza each month for one year.
No one drove home the hole-in-one prize of a new Jeep from C. H. Urness Motor Co.
Columbia Gorge Community College Foundation members invite golfers of all ability levels to join next year's 13th Annual Founder's Cup golf tournament on Aug. 4. For more information call 541-506-6111.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge