Friday, December 16, 2011
A memorial service for Linda Marlow, 59, who passed away at her home in Dallesport, Wash., on Dec. 13, 2011, will be held at 4 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 17, at the Seventh-day Adventist Church at 13th and Oak streets in Hood River.
Memorial contributions in Linda's name may be given to the Heart of Hospice Foundation, 205 Wasco Loop, Ste. 202, Hood River, OR 97031.
More like this story
- ‘Notes from the Riverkeepers’ tour in Mosier, Hood River
- ‘The Tangled Skirt’
- Death Notices for Sept. 27 edition: James Clifton and Dorothy Cotton
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 23 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: Helping kids be better readers is a SMART move
- Monday in CL: Fire recovery information presented at Port Pavilion
- Thank you, firefighters
- Summer of Smoke
- Foundation gives $50,000 to library for collections, projects
- Another Voice: Finding ‘Best of All Worlds’ in the area of cell tower permit requests
"The tangled skirt" opens run at unique venue
Director Judie Hanel presents the Steve Braunstein play “The Tangled Skirt” in an unusual theatrical setting, River Daze Café. Here, Bailey Brice (Bruce Howard) arrives at a small town bus station and has a fateful encounter with Rhonda Claire (Desiree Amyx Mackintosh). Small talk turns into a deadly game of cat and mouse and both seek advantage. The actors present the story as a staged reading in the café, where large windows and street lights lend themselves to the bus station setting, according to Hanel. Performances are 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 28, Saturday, Sept. 30 and Sunday, Oct. 1. (There is no Friday performance.) Tickets available at the door or Waucoma Bookstore: $15 adults, $12 seniors and children under 15. No children under 9. Enlarge