Wednesday, December 21, 2011
A video Christmas card It is the season of song. Everywhere you turn this November and December, musical events filled stages and halls. We couldn't record every event, but we have attempted a playlist of sorts, starting with as the Mid-Columbia Adventist Christian School Christmas pageant, with its pre-school choir in full angel regalia, led by Elaina Mathisen. Next up is the Trail Band, in its annual concert benefitting Hood River Education Foundation, putting a jazzy take on an old Christmas favorite. That's Hood River native Cal Scott on the guitar solo. From there, an aural glimpse of the Hood River Valley High School concert choir, in "Stand By Me," and we end with Aaron Meyer and his band (Tim Ellis on guitar) blending "I Saw Three Ships" and "Sailor's Hornpipe" during their concert to benefit United Way on Dec. 11.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge