Wednesday, December 21, 2011
A video Christmas card It is the season of song. Everywhere you turn this November and December, musical events filled stages and halls. We couldn't record every event, but we have attempted a playlist of sorts, starting with as the Mid-Columbia Adventist Christian School Christmas pageant, with its pre-school choir in full angel regalia, led by Elaina Mathisen. Next up is the Trail Band, in its annual concert benefitting Hood River Education Foundation, putting a jazzy take on an old Christmas favorite. That's Hood River native Cal Scott on the guitar solo. From there, an aural glimpse of the Hood River Valley High School concert choir, in "Stand By Me," and we end with Aaron Meyer and his band (Tim Ellis on guitar) blending "I Saw Three Ships" and "Sailor's Hornpipe" during their concert to benefit United Way on Dec. 11.
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control