Wednesday, December 21, 2011
A video Christmas card It is the season of song. Everywhere you turn this November and December, musical events filled stages and halls. We couldn't record every event, but we have attempted a playlist of sorts, starting with as the Mid-Columbia Adventist Christian School Christmas pageant, with its pre-school choir in full angel regalia, led by Elaina Mathisen. Next up is the Trail Band, in its annual concert benefitting Hood River Education Foundation, putting a jazzy take on an old Christmas favorite. That's Hood River native Cal Scott on the guitar solo. From there, an aural glimpse of the Hood River Valley High School concert choir, in "Stand By Me," and we end with Aaron Meyer and his band (Tim Ellis on guitar) blending "I Saw Three Ships" and "Sailor's Hornpipe" during their concert to benefit United Way on Dec. 11.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge