Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Brian and Karen Shortt said Thursday that their 11-year-old athletic garment and shoe store will move in early March from the Heights to Second and Oak streets, in the former Discover Bikes space.
"This is a great location, one of the more prominent ones in town, and we needed more space," Brian said. The business started 14 years ago out of the Shortts' garage, with on-line ordering, and quickly grew as new product lines and vendors came on board.
"We have not been able to serve the community in the way we want, with the space we have had," Brian said.
The store initially will take up 3,000 of the 5,000 available square feet, and expand as needed. This compares to the 2,000-square-foot size of the existing store, at 13th and Belmont.
'This will still be a store for locals. That will be our focus," Karen said.
"It was our goal to be a shoe store for locals, and we have become that with a much broader focus, but first and foremost we want to serve the local community," Brian said.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge