Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Brian and Karen Shortt said Thursday that their 11-year-old athletic garment and shoe store will move in early March from the Heights to Second and Oak streets, in the former Discover Bikes space.
"This is a great location, one of the more prominent ones in town, and we needed more space," Brian said. The business started 14 years ago out of the Shortts' garage, with on-line ordering, and quickly grew as new product lines and vendors came on board.
"We have not been able to serve the community in the way we want, with the space we have had," Brian said.
The store initially will take up 3,000 of the 5,000 available square feet, and expand as needed. This compares to the 2,000-square-foot size of the existing store, at 13th and Belmont.
'This will still be a store for locals. That will be our focus," Karen said.
"It was our goal to be a shoe store for locals, and we have become that with a much broader focus, but first and foremost we want to serve the local community," Brian said.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Gorge Owned presents ‘Glacier Caves of the Pacific Northwest’
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge