Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Clinic for Little League umps and scorekeepers Feb. 17
Hood River County Little League is offering clinics this year for scorekeeping and umpiring for all interested in developing the skills to umpire or keep score at Little League games this season.
The clinic will be Feb. 17, from 6- 8 p.m. at the Hood River Valley High School cafeteria.
Youth lacrosse sign-ups
Spring lacrosse is just around the corner, and the Hood River Youth Lacrosse Club has teamed up with Community Education this year for its program. Online registration is open now at www.hoodriver.k12.or.us/coe (click on "classes," scroll down to "recreation" and click on "Hood River Youth Lacrosse").
The registration deadline is Feb. 15 to allow coaches time to schedule games for the correct number of players and teams.
For more information visit hoodriverlacrosse.com.
Dynamos present 'Pelada' Feb. 13
Hood River Dynamo youth soccer presents the film "Pelada" Feb. 13 at Andrew's Pizza and also at Wy'east Middle School.
The first two showings of the film will be at Andrews Pizza/Skylight Theater at 1:30 and 3:30 p.m., while a 6:30 p.m. showing will be at the Wy'east Middle School Theater. Prior to the Wy'east showing there will be food and drink in the cafeteria from 6-6:30 p.m. Cost to see the film is $5 per person, with those ages 5 and under free.
Pelada is a documentary film following two former college soccer stars who didn't quite make it to the pros. Not ready for it to be over, they take off, chasing the game in 25 countries.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge