Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Clinic for Little League umps and scorekeepers Feb. 17
Hood River County Little League is offering clinics this year for scorekeeping and umpiring for all interested in developing the skills to umpire or keep score at Little League games this season.
The clinic will be Feb. 17, from 6- 8 p.m. at the Hood River Valley High School cafeteria.
Youth lacrosse sign-ups
Spring lacrosse is just around the corner, and the Hood River Youth Lacrosse Club has teamed up with Community Education this year for its program. Online registration is open now at www.hoodriver.k12.or.us/coe (click on "classes," scroll down to "recreation" and click on "Hood River Youth Lacrosse").
The registration deadline is Feb. 15 to allow coaches time to schedule games for the correct number of players and teams.
For more information visit hoodriverlacrosse.com.
Dynamos present 'Pelada' Feb. 13
Hood River Dynamo youth soccer presents the film "Pelada" Feb. 13 at Andrew's Pizza and also at Wy'east Middle School.
The first two showings of the film will be at Andrews Pizza/Skylight Theater at 1:30 and 3:30 p.m., while a 6:30 p.m. showing will be at the Wy'east Middle School Theater. Prior to the Wy'east showing there will be food and drink in the cafeteria from 6-6:30 p.m. Cost to see the film is $5 per person, with those ages 5 and under free.
Pelada is a documentary film following two former college soccer stars who didn't quite make it to the pros. Not ready for it to be over, they take off, chasing the game in 25 countries.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill