Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Clinic for Little League umps and scorekeepers Feb. 17
Hood River County Little League is offering clinics this year for scorekeeping and umpiring for all interested in developing the skills to umpire or keep score at Little League games this season.
The clinic will be Feb. 17, from 6- 8 p.m. at the Hood River Valley High School cafeteria.
Youth lacrosse sign-ups
Spring lacrosse is just around the corner, and the Hood River Youth Lacrosse Club has teamed up with Community Education this year for its program. Online registration is open now at www.hoodriver.k12.or.us/coe (click on "classes," scroll down to "recreation" and click on "Hood River Youth Lacrosse").
The registration deadline is Feb. 15 to allow coaches time to schedule games for the correct number of players and teams.
For more information visit hoodriverlacrosse.com.
Dynamos present 'Pelada' Feb. 13
Hood River Dynamo youth soccer presents the film "Pelada" Feb. 13 at Andrew's Pizza and also at Wy'east Middle School.
The first two showings of the film will be at Andrews Pizza/Skylight Theater at 1:30 and 3:30 p.m., while a 6:30 p.m. showing will be at the Wy'east Middle School Theater. Prior to the Wy'east showing there will be food and drink in the cafeteria from 6-6:30 p.m. Cost to see the film is $5 per person, with those ages 5 and under free.
Pelada is a documentary film following two former college soccer stars who didn't quite make it to the pros. Not ready for it to be over, they take off, chasing the game in 25 countries.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge