Wednesday, February 9, 2011
In an effort to reduce building waste and find new homes for perfectly good stuff, Gorge Rebuild-it Center has a wide variety of reusable materials otherwise bound for landfills, burn piles or cluttered garages. The large pole building on Tucker Road next to Bryant Pipe and Supply is literally overflowing with home-improvement items; from light fixtures, doors, windows, furniture and blinds to raw lumber, pipes and fittings of all sorts and, yes, even kitchen sinks.
Summer is their busiest time, but staff at the center is on hand five days a week to help you find exactly what you're looking for or to take in tax-deductible donations.
• Open 9-5, Tuesday though Saturday n 995 Tucker Road n Takes in and sells used a variety of used materials.
• Donations to center are tax-deductible
• www.rebuildit.org, 541-387-4387
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge