Wednesday, February 9, 2011
In an effort to reduce building waste and find new homes for perfectly good stuff, Gorge Rebuild-it Center has a wide variety of reusable materials otherwise bound for landfills, burn piles or cluttered garages. The large pole building on Tucker Road next to Bryant Pipe and Supply is literally overflowing with home-improvement items; from light fixtures, doors, windows, furniture and blinds to raw lumber, pipes and fittings of all sorts and, yes, even kitchen sinks.
Summer is their busiest time, but staff at the center is on hand five days a week to help you find exactly what you're looking for or to take in tax-deductible donations.
• Open 9-5, Tuesday though Saturday n 995 Tucker Road n Takes in and sells used a variety of used materials.
• Donations to center are tax-deductible
• www.rebuildit.org, 541-387-4387
More like this story
- HRV grad and track athlete Parker Kennedy recovering from freak javelin accident at USATF meet in Beaverton
- BOTG local sticker effective Friday
- Police report burglaries
- Hood River Death Café meets July 9
- Windermere holds annual food drive
- Fresh Start begins class series for home cooks
- Beauchamps celebrate 58th anniversary
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge