Wednesday, February 9, 2011
In an effort to reduce building waste and find new homes for perfectly good stuff, Gorge Rebuild-it Center has a wide variety of reusable materials otherwise bound for landfills, burn piles or cluttered garages. The large pole building on Tucker Road next to Bryant Pipe and Supply is literally overflowing with home-improvement items; from light fixtures, doors, windows, furniture and blinds to raw lumber, pipes and fittings of all sorts and, yes, even kitchen sinks.
Summer is their busiest time, but staff at the center is on hand five days a week to help you find exactly what you're looking for or to take in tax-deductible donations.
• Open 9-5, Tuesday though Saturday n 995 Tucker Road n Takes in and sells used a variety of used materials.
• Donations to center are tax-deductible
• www.rebuildit.org, 541-387-4387
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge