Wednesday, February 9, 2011
In an effort to reduce building waste and find new homes for perfectly good stuff, Gorge Rebuild-it Center has a wide variety of reusable materials otherwise bound for landfills, burn piles or cluttered garages. The large pole building on Tucker Road next to Bryant Pipe and Supply is literally overflowing with home-improvement items; from light fixtures, doors, windows, furniture and blinds to raw lumber, pipes and fittings of all sorts and, yes, even kitchen sinks.
Summer is their busiest time, but staff at the center is on hand five days a week to help you find exactly what you're looking for or to take in tax-deductible donations.
• Open 9-5, Tuesday though Saturday n 995 Tucker Road n Takes in and sells used a variety of used materials.
• Donations to center are tax-deductible
• www.rebuildit.org, 541-387-4387
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
- The Ale List: pFriem ranks tops in Oregonian brewery list
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge