Thursday, February 17, 2011
Thanks for clicking on this link, really.
Rick Hulett, affectionately known as “Bigfoot,” was diagnosed with a rare cancer in April 2009.
Rick, a prominent member of the music community, plays guitar in several bands around the Gorge, including Django’s Cadillac, the Wasco Brothers, and in previous years, the Cascade Trio. He is also involved in recording bands and working as a session musician at his home and in the Northwest.
His personal blog journal is below, which documents his current treatment - a highly specialized procedure that required a trip to the East Coast.
On April 1, 2010, Rick will celebrate one year after his surgery, at a special concert at The Pines Tasting Room in Hood River.
How will he celebrate? By doing what else — playing music.
More details of the battle found here:
More like this story
- With changes, ‘Relay For Life’ moves to marina
- Lipps resigns from CL Port
- Porch for July 2, 2016
- ‘We never cry over spilled wine’
- Tour mill and logging sites July 16
- The Ale List: Breweries wheel a tart pale collaboration
- Sports briefs for July 2, 2016
- Antique cars tour Historic Highway
- Entertainment update for July 2, 2016
- Letters to the Editor for July 2, 2017
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge