Thursday, February 17, 2011
Thanks for clicking on this link, really.
Rick Hulett, affectionately known as “Bigfoot,” was diagnosed with a rare cancer in April 2009.
Rick, a prominent member of the music community, plays guitar in several bands around the Gorge, including Django’s Cadillac, the Wasco Brothers, and in previous years, the Cascade Trio. He is also involved in recording bands and working as a session musician at his home and in the Northwest.
His personal blog journal is below, which documents his current treatment - a highly specialized procedure that required a trip to the East Coast.
On April 1, 2010, Rick will celebrate one year after his surgery, at a special concert at The Pines Tasting Room in Hood River.
How will he celebrate? By doing what else — playing music.
More details of the battle found here:
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge