Thursday, February 17, 2011
Thanks for clicking on this link, really.
Rick Hulett, affectionately known as “Bigfoot,” was diagnosed with a rare cancer in April 2009.
Rick, a prominent member of the music community, plays guitar in several bands around the Gorge, including Django’s Cadillac, the Wasco Brothers, and in previous years, the Cascade Trio. He is also involved in recording bands and working as a session musician at his home and in the Northwest.
His personal blog journal is below, which documents his current treatment - a highly specialized procedure that required a trip to the East Coast.
On April 1, 2010, Rick will celebrate one year after his surgery, at a special concert at The Pines Tasting Room in Hood River.
How will he celebrate? By doing what else — playing music.
More details of the battle found here:
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge