Thursday, February 17, 2011
Thanks for clicking on this link, really.
Rick Hulett, affectionately known as “Bigfoot,” was diagnosed with a rare cancer in April 2009.
Rick, a prominent member of the music community, plays guitar in several bands around the Gorge, including Django’s Cadillac, the Wasco Brothers, and in previous years, the Cascade Trio. He is also involved in recording bands and working as a session musician at his home and in the Northwest.
His personal blog journal is below, which documents his current treatment - a highly specialized procedure that required a trip to the East Coast.
On April 1, 2010, Rick will celebrate one year after his surgery, at a special concert at The Pines Tasting Room in Hood River.
How will he celebrate? By doing what else — playing music.
More details of the battle found here:
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge