Thursday, February 17, 2011
Thanks for clicking on this link, really.
Rick Hulett, affectionately known as “Bigfoot,” was diagnosed with a rare cancer in April 2009.
Rick, a prominent member of the music community, plays guitar in several bands around the Gorge, including Django’s Cadillac, the Wasco Brothers, and in previous years, the Cascade Trio. He is also involved in recording bands and working as a session musician at his home and in the Northwest.
His personal blog journal is below, which documents his current treatment - a highly specialized procedure that required a trip to the East Coast.
On April 1, 2010, Rick will celebrate one year after his surgery, at a special concert at The Pines Tasting Room in Hood River.
How will he celebrate? By doing what else — playing music.
More details of the battle found here:
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events