Friday, February 18, 2011
The Hood River Valley High School swim team has already sent more swimmers through to the finals than it did last year, and the preliminaries are not even finished yet.
The Eagles have qualified their girls 200 Medley Relay team of Danielle Miller, Alyssa Walker, Rebekkah Galvez and Taylor Tyynismaa, Connor Webb in the boys 200 yard IM, Walker in the 100 butterfly, and Tyynismaa in the 50 and 100 freestyles. Walker also qualified as first alternate in the girls 200 freestyle.
Miller is scheduled to swim the 200 backstroke later this morning. Webb will also be swimming in the 100 breaststroke prelim, as will Anika Engbersen. The HRV girls 400 free relay team of Walker, Kayla Schilling, Miller and Tyynismaa will compete in the last event of the morning.
To see updated results, go here: http://osaa.org/swimming/2011/5A/index.htm
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge