Friday, February 18, 2011
The Hood River Valley High School swim team has already sent more swimmers through to the finals than it did last year, and the preliminaries are not even finished yet.
The Eagles have qualified their girls 200 Medley Relay team of Danielle Miller, Alyssa Walker, Rebekkah Galvez and Taylor Tyynismaa, Connor Webb in the boys 200 yard IM, Walker in the 100 butterfly, and Tyynismaa in the 50 and 100 freestyles. Walker also qualified as first alternate in the girls 200 freestyle.
Miller is scheduled to swim the 200 backstroke later this morning. Webb will also be swimming in the 100 breaststroke prelim, as will Anika Engbersen. The HRV girls 400 free relay team of Walker, Kayla Schilling, Miller and Tyynismaa will compete in the last event of the morning.
To see updated results, go here: http://osaa.org/swimming/2011/5A/index.htm
More like this story
- Motorcyclist killed in spilled lumber crash
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- Shoreline trail widened under HR Bridge
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge