Friday, February 18, 2011
The Hood River Valley High School swim team has already sent more swimmers through to the finals than it did last year, and the preliminaries are not even finished yet.
The Eagles have qualified their girls 200 Medley Relay team of Danielle Miller, Alyssa Walker, Rebekkah Galvez and Taylor Tyynismaa, Connor Webb in the boys 200 yard IM, Walker in the 100 butterfly, and Tyynismaa in the 50 and 100 freestyles. Walker also qualified as first alternate in the girls 200 freestyle.
Miller is scheduled to swim the 200 backstroke later this morning. Webb will also be swimming in the 100 breaststroke prelim, as will Anika Engbersen. The HRV girls 400 free relay team of Walker, Kayla Schilling, Miller and Tyynismaa will compete in the last event of the morning.
To see updated results, go here: http://osaa.org/swimming/2011/5A/index.htm
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 16
- Gorge Happiness Month: Mandy Kurfurst uses ‘The Daily Three’ to center herself
- Police Log, Nov. 27 to Dec. 10
- ‘Operation Christmas Child’ sets collection record for 2017 campaign
- FutureBus visits Cascade Locks Elementary
- History Museum of Hood River County hosts open house Saturday
- Pet of the Week: Gus the Yorkie is ‘sweetest in town’
- Kegler's Corner: Rod Pratt Bowls Bigly
- ‘Loving Vincent’ Dec. 20 at CCA
- How to help during the holidays