Wednesday, February 23, 2011
According to Hood River Sheriff Detective Matt English, the 20-30-year-old, white male suspect remains at large on the Feb. 6 attempted child abduction in Odell.
The vehicle involved was a small passenger car light in color bearing a blue racing stripe.
"There is nothing to new report at this time," said English; however, the tip hotline has continued to receive multiple calls and reports. English could not give details on the reports but did confirm they are coming from a wide geographic range.
The anonymous report phone number is: 541-387-7077.
• A Hood River based private self-defense training company is offering upcoming classes for women as well as a "Mommy and Me" self defense course, according to Michael Martin, BDT training instructor.
"It's never too early to teach our kids how to identify a danger and how to react to it," he wrote on the Best Defense Training Facebook page. "We train both mom and child what to do, so they can continue to work on it at home.
"It's a three-hour course for parents and school-age children," Martin wrote. The cost is $25/duo and $5/additional child. Here are the details:
Mommy and Me class -March 12, noon to 3 p.m. See the company website for more information.
• Women's basic self-defense class - Feb. 26, noon to 3 p.m. at HRVHS. Cost is $25 for adults and $15 for 14- to 17-year-olds.
Additional class information may be found at: http://www.bestdefensetraining.biz/default.html
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge