Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Hey there! Great show last night at River City. Greensky Bluegrass was great, and 4-on-the-floor did a good job, too. I mean, I really didn’t know Prince’s “When Doves Cry” could actually be a bluegrass song, but, by golly, they pulled it off, didn’t they? Check out the photos in the paper, and I’ll try to post some more here, too.
Speaking of here, I took a few minutes to re-organize the ol’ blog. Hope you like it. It definitely makes it easier to scroll through stuff you may or may not have read yet. We’ll combine my “12 Shows in 12 Months” into one section, too.
Again, great show last night and good to see some old friends, too. I keep getting asked, Jim, when are you playing your mandolin next? Well, good thing I’ve got an answer – we’ll be at Red Feather Mercantile for the May First Friday. Please stop in and say Hi!
I don’t think we’ll have a Prince song worked up, but hey, who knows, stranger things have happened!
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge