Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Hey there! Great show last night at River City. Greensky Bluegrass was great, and 4-on-the-floor did a good job, too. I mean, I really didn’t know Prince’s “When Doves Cry” could actually be a bluegrass song, but, by golly, they pulled it off, didn’t they? Check out the photos in the paper, and I’ll try to post some more here, too.
Speaking of here, I took a few minutes to re-organize the ol’ blog. Hope you like it. It definitely makes it easier to scroll through stuff you may or may not have read yet. We’ll combine my “12 Shows in 12 Months” into one section, too.
Again, great show last night and good to see some old friends, too. I keep getting asked, Jim, when are you playing your mandolin next? Well, good thing I’ve got an answer – we’ll be at Red Feather Mercantile for the May First Friday. Please stop in and say Hi!
I don’t think we’ll have a Prince song worked up, but hey, who knows, stranger things have happened!
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 3
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge