Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Hey there! Great show last night at River City. Greensky Bluegrass was great, and 4-on-the-floor did a good job, too. I mean, I really didn’t know Prince’s “When Doves Cry” could actually be a bluegrass song, but, by golly, they pulled it off, didn’t they? Check out the photos in the paper, and I’ll try to post some more here, too.
Speaking of here, I took a few minutes to re-organize the ol’ blog. Hope you like it. It definitely makes it easier to scroll through stuff you may or may not have read yet. We’ll combine my “12 Shows in 12 Months” into one section, too.
Again, great show last night and good to see some old friends, too. I keep getting asked, Jim, when are you playing your mandolin next? Well, good thing I’ve got an answer – we’ll be at Red Feather Mercantile for the May First Friday. Please stop in and say Hi!
I don’t think we’ll have a Prince song worked up, but hey, who knows, stranger things have happened!
More like this story
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
- Sheriff's Log, Aug. 23 to 30
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge