Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Hey there! Great show last night at River City. Greensky Bluegrass was great, and 4-on-the-floor did a good job, too. I mean, I really didn’t know Prince’s “When Doves Cry” could actually be a bluegrass song, but, by golly, they pulled it off, didn’t they? Check out the photos in the paper, and I’ll try to post some more here, too.
Speaking of here, I took a few minutes to re-organize the ol’ blog. Hope you like it. It definitely makes it easier to scroll through stuff you may or may not have read yet. We’ll combine my “12 Shows in 12 Months” into one section, too.
Again, great show last night and good to see some old friends, too. I keep getting asked, Jim, when are you playing your mandolin next? Well, good thing I’ve got an answer – we’ll be at Red Feather Mercantile for the May First Friday. Please stop in and say Hi!
I don’t think we’ll have a Prince song worked up, but hey, who knows, stranger things have happened!
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge