Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Hey there! Great show last night at River City. Greensky Bluegrass was great, and 4-on-the-floor did a good job, too. I mean, I really didn’t know Prince’s “When Doves Cry” could actually be a bluegrass song, but, by golly, they pulled it off, didn’t they? Check out the photos in the paper, and I’ll try to post some more here, too.
Speaking of here, I took a few minutes to re-organize the ol’ blog. Hope you like it. It definitely makes it easier to scroll through stuff you may or may not have read yet. We’ll combine my “12 Shows in 12 Months” into one section, too.
Again, great show last night and good to see some old friends, too. I keep getting asked, Jim, when are you playing your mandolin next? Well, good thing I’ve got an answer – we’ll be at Red Feather Mercantile for the May First Friday. Please stop in and say Hi!
I don’t think we’ll have a Prince song worked up, but hey, who knows, stranger things have happened!
More like this story
- Columbia Gorge Express bus starts Memorial Day weekend
- Missing woman reported, last seen in Stevenson
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party fun
- Memorial Day Weekend events … and beyond
- DRAGON DASH
- Acute story
- Memorial Day service, May 29 at Idlewilde
- Sports briefs for May 27
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society meets June 10 at Discovery Center
- The Dalles museums offer free admission for military
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge