Wednesday, January 5, 2011
James I. Wakamatsu passed away on Dec. 24, 2010, surrounded by family and friends in Hood River, Ore. He was born Sept. 9, 1915, in Orting, Wash., to Eitaro and Hisa Wakamatsu.
Services will be held Dec. 30 at 1 p.m. in the chapel at Anderson's Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Earl Andrew Richards, 78, of Sisters, Ore., died Christmas Day, 2010, with his wife, Mary, at his side.
He was preceded in death by his father, Simon Richards, mother, Nellie Richards, and sister, Helen, all of Hood River.
Survivors include sons James, Douglas, Dave and Jack; daughters Melissa and Mary; eight grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
A full obituary will follow.
Services are scheduled for January 2011.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge