Wednesday, January 5, 2011
James I. Wakamatsu passed away on Dec. 24, 2010, surrounded by family and friends in Hood River, Ore. He was born Sept. 9, 1915, in Orting, Wash., to Eitaro and Hisa Wakamatsu.
Services will be held Dec. 30 at 1 p.m. in the chapel at Anderson's Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Earl Andrew Richards, 78, of Sisters, Ore., died Christmas Day, 2010, with his wife, Mary, at his side.
He was preceded in death by his father, Simon Richards, mother, Nellie Richards, and sister, Helen, all of Hood River.
Survivors include sons James, Douglas, Dave and Jack; daughters Melissa and Mary; eight grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
A full obituary will follow.
Services are scheduled for January 2011.
More like this story
- Two escape from state corrections
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
- City of Hood River: Mayor asks Rep. Walden to ‘join our collective call’ on energy
- Power line fire doused Monday
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge