Wednesday, January 5, 2011
James I. Wakamatsu passed away on Dec. 24, 2010, surrounded by family and friends in Hood River, Ore. He was born Sept. 9, 1915, in Orting, Wash., to Eitaro and Hisa Wakamatsu.
Services will be held Dec. 30 at 1 p.m. in the chapel at Anderson's Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Earl Andrew Richards, 78, of Sisters, Ore., died Christmas Day, 2010, with his wife, Mary, at his side.
He was preceded in death by his father, Simon Richards, mother, Nellie Richards, and sister, Helen, all of Hood River.
Survivors include sons James, Douglas, Dave and Jack; daughters Melissa and Mary; eight grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
A full obituary will follow.
Services are scheduled for January 2011.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
- Letters to the Editor for July 23
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge