Wednesday, January 5, 2011
James I. Wakamatsu passed away on Dec. 24, 2010, surrounded by family and friends in Hood River, Ore. He was born Sept. 9, 1915, in Orting, Wash., to Eitaro and Hisa Wakamatsu.
Services will be held Dec. 30 at 1 p.m. in the chapel at Anderson's Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Earl Andrew Richards, 78, of Sisters, Ore., died Christmas Day, 2010, with his wife, Mary, at his side.
He was preceded in death by his father, Simon Richards, mother, Nellie Richards, and sister, Helen, all of Hood River.
Survivors include sons James, Douglas, Dave and Jack; daughters Melissa and Mary; eight grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
A full obituary will follow.
Services are scheduled for January 2011.
More like this story
- Raffle winner announced
- ‘Santa’s Surprise’ comes to WAAAM
- Police Log, Nov. 20 to 26
- CGCAN hosts holiday party Dec. 20
- Lighted fire trucks roll Dec. 11 to 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 9
- Good Cheer: Small adjustments keep help flowing
- Editor's Notebook: A modest, six-figure solution to NCAA coaching salary excess
- Church News: Updated for Dec. 9 edition
- HRV girls basketball win in the final seconds at home
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge