Friday, January 21, 2011
Anna Knudsen passed away in The Dalles, Ore., on Jan. 15, 2011, at the age of 93. A funeral service will be held at 1 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 21, at Gardner Funeral Home in White Salmon, Wash., with burial to follow at the White Salmon Cemetery. A complete obituary will appear in next week's Hood River News and The Dalles Chronicle.
Lorita "Rita" J. Hansen passed away at her home in Hood River, Ore., Jan. 14, 2011. Rita was born in The Dalles, Ore., to George and Edith Hastings. A celebration of life is planned for 2 p.m. Friday, Jan. 28, at Anderson's Tribute Center. Rita's family suggests donations be made to a charity of your choice. Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson's Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for April 30
- No on 14-55: But not a ‘yes’ to Nestlé
- ‘Putting your house in order’ returns May 11
- Police Log, April 12 to 24, part 2 of 2
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- ‘Music at the Dawn’ brings early 1900s to life
- Entertainment Update for April 30
- GOP governor candidates spar in Hood River
- Late rally falls short in HRV loss to Hermiston
- Rough night for the eagles
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge