Friday, January 21, 2011
Anna Knudsen passed away in The Dalles, Ore., on Jan. 15, 2011, at the age of 93. A funeral service will be held at 1 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 21, at Gardner Funeral Home in White Salmon, Wash., with burial to follow at the White Salmon Cemetery. A complete obituary will appear in next week's Hood River News and The Dalles Chronicle.
Lorita "Rita" J. Hansen passed away at her home in Hood River, Ore., Jan. 14, 2011. Rita was born in The Dalles, Ore., to George and Edith Hastings. A celebration of life is planned for 2 p.m. Friday, Jan. 28, at Anderson's Tribute Center. Rita's family suggests donations be made to a charity of your choice. Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson's Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge