Friday, January 28, 2011
Little League sign-ups Feb 3-5
Baseball Season is right around the corner and Hood River Little League sign-ups for baseball, softball, tee ball and coach pitch for kids 12 and under will be held according to the following schedule:
Hood River -- at Westside Elementary School Feb. 3-4 from 5:30-7:30 p.m., and Feb. 5 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Odell -- at Mid-Valley Elementary Feb. 1, 3, 8, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
White Salmon -- at Henkle Middle School Jan. 29, 9 a.m. to noon.
Parkdale -- at Parkdale Community Center Feb. 2 and 4, 6- 8 p.m.
Trout Lake -- at Trout Lake School March 5, 10 am to 1 p.m. and March 8 4-6 p.m.
Bring your child's birth certificate, registration fee ($50 for first player, $45 for additional siblings), and completed registration forms which can be found at: http://www.eteamz.com/hrcll/.
Youth lacrosse sign-ups
Spring lacrosse is just around the corner, and the Hood River Youth Lacrosse Club has teamed up with Community Education this year for its program. Online registration is open now at www.hoodriver.k12.or.us/coe (click on "classes," scroll down to "recreation," and click on "Hood River Youth Lacrosse").
The registration deadline is Feb. 15 to allow coaches time to schedule games for the correct number of players and teams.
For more information visit hoodriverlacrosse.com.
More like this story
- YESTERYEARS: New Safeway store on Second and Cascade expected in 1947
- Pritchett, Haskins to wed
- Roots and Branches: Cherry Harvest
- Pick of the Week: Children’s Park public meeting July 20
- Travelogue: Panama
- Another Voice: Juntos program ‘critical to success of students in their education’
- Editor's Notebook: By George, one’s own name is a basic sweet spot in your sense of identity
- Letters to the Editor for July 19
- Another Voice: Preserve our agricultural heritage by making Tanner Ranch a park
- The comfort of quilts: Comfort Quilt Project underway at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge