Friday, January 28, 2011
Little League sign-ups Feb 3-5
Baseball Season is right around the corner and Hood River Little League sign-ups for baseball, softball, tee ball and coach pitch for kids 12 and under will be held according to the following schedule:
Hood River -- at Westside Elementary School Feb. 3-4 from 5:30-7:30 p.m., and Feb. 5 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Odell -- at Mid-Valley Elementary Feb. 1, 3, 8, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
White Salmon -- at Henkle Middle School Jan. 29, 9 a.m. to noon.
Parkdale -- at Parkdale Community Center Feb. 2 and 4, 6- 8 p.m.
Trout Lake -- at Trout Lake School March 5, 10 am to 1 p.m. and March 8 4-6 p.m.
Bring your child's birth certificate, registration fee ($50 for first player, $45 for additional siblings), and completed registration forms which can be found at: http://www.eteamz.com/hrcll/.
Youth lacrosse sign-ups
Spring lacrosse is just around the corner, and the Hood River Youth Lacrosse Club has teamed up with Community Education this year for its program. Online registration is open now at www.hoodriver.k12.or.us/coe (click on "classes," scroll down to "recreation," and click on "Hood River Youth Lacrosse").
The registration deadline is Feb. 15 to allow coaches time to schedule games for the correct number of players and teams.
For more information visit hoodriverlacrosse.com.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge