Wednesday, July 13, 2011
To commerorate the 200th anniverary of David Thompson, a French fur trapper/ cartographer who charted the entire Columbia River from source to mouth in 1811, becoming the European to travel the entire river, a group of 120 adventurers from Canada and the United States, are re- tracing his route by canoe. On July 10, they stopped in Cascade Locks in Hood River County.
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control