Wednesday, July 13, 2011
To commerorate the 200th anniverary of David Thompson, a French fur trapper/ cartographer who charted the entire Columbia River from source to mouth in 1811, becoming the European to travel the entire river, a group of 120 adventurers from Canada and the United States, are re- tracing his route by canoe. On July 10, they stopped in Cascade Locks in Hood River County.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge