Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Blazer ambassador Bill Schonely warmed up the crowd at the first Tongue Twister tournament last Friday with a favorite from childhood: "Theosophus Thistle, the successful thistle sifter, successfully sifted a thistle through the thick of his thumb." the event was a benefit for Hood River County start making a reader today and featured 18 community members reciting tongue twisters. Library director Buzzy Nielsen won the contest.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge