Wednesday, June 8, 2011
An Odell man has been charged with multiple counts including burglary and attempted kidnapping for a May 10 incident at his home on Mud Alley Drive.
The case is also the first time the Hood River County District Attorney's office has prosecuted a case involving the charge of subjecting another person to involuntary servitude.
John Raymond Bray, 46, faces two such Class B felony charges, two first degree burglary charges, and three other charges for allegedly holding a 50-year-old woman in his home on May 10.
Bray is in NORCOR being held on $50,000 cash bail. Bail amount was confirmed in court Monday. Bray, who is represented by attorney Brian Aaron of Hood River, will next appear in court on June 6, at 11 a.m.
Bray is also charged with unlawful use of a weapon, a felony, and the misdemeanor charges of pointing a firearm at another person, menacing constituting domestic violence, and assault in the fourth degree constituting domestic violence.
NORCOR records list Bray at 5-1, 240 pounds.
According to the indictment in Hood River Circuit Court under the involuntary servitude charges, Bray physically threatened the woman to force her to engage in services.
Deputy District Attorney Carrie Rasmussen could not elaborate on specifics of the case, since it is pending in court.
The kidnapping charge alleges that Bray attempted to take the victim "from one place to another, with intent to interfere substantially with (her) personal liberty and with the purpose of terrorizing" her.
The weapons and menacing charges allege that Bray pointed a .45 caliber pistol at the victim.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge