Friday, June 10, 2011
Norma June Lyons Raycraft died May 28, 2011, in Woodburn, Ore. She was born June 19, 1919.
Her husband, George W. Raycraft, preceded her in death in 2006. She was also preceded in death by two sisters and two brothers.
She is survived by her children: Penny Higgins, Roger Raycraft, Myrna Keen, Vicki Bastion and Laurel Wells, and their spouses; 16 grandchildren, 27 great-grandchildren and 20 great-great-grandchildren.
Her memorial service will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, June 11, at Woodburn United Methodist Church. A potluck will follow. For more information visit www.lincolnmemorialpk.com.
- White Salmon Valley PTO holds 25th annual silent auction April 28
- CarFit Technician training held April 30
- Raices annual plant sale May 13
- Letters to the Editor for April 22
- Church News: Carina Miller at Riverside, Nazarene Blossom Bazaar
- Scholarship Benefit Saturday
- HAHRC Beats: Enjoy food more while eating less
- Area Agency on Aging seeks to redefine volunteering during National Volunteer Week, April 23-29
- Día de los Niños celebration April 28
- Drug Take Back Day April 29 at Skyline
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge