Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Ronald Dean Ward died June 13, 2011, at his home in Juneau, Alaska. Ron spent most of his youth in Hood River attending Odell schools, graduating from Wy'east High in 1964.
Friends and family will celebrate Ron's life on Tuesday, June 21, at 6 p.m. at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, at 18th and May streets in Hood River, Ore. A complete obituary will follow in a later edition of the News.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge