Wednesday, June 15, 2011
A Hood River County man was arrested for kidnapping in the first degree and domestic assault in the fourth degree, following a report taken from a 31-year-old adult female victim, whose identity is being withheld for her protection.
Ismael Castillo Flores, 32, was lodged at NORCOR following an early morning arrest at an undisclosed location in Hood River County, on May 29 at 2 a.m.
Hood River County Sheriff's Deputies Marc Smith and Rick Princehouse took a report from the victim earlier that evening that she had been held against her will by the suspect, and received injuries. The officers later arrested the suspect at a separate location.
Details on the victim's injuries and confinement are being withheld pending the district attorney's presentation of the case to the Hood River grand jury.
Officers were able to take Flores into custody without incident and transported him directly to NORCOR.
Flores was preliminarily arraigned May 31 before Hood River County Judge Donald Hull. His next court date is scheduled for Tuesday, June 7, again before Hull.
Bail has been set at $5,000 cash and, according to District Attorney John Sewell, the suspect is also under an Immigration and Customs Enforcement hold.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge