Wednesday, June 15, 2011
A Hood River County man was arrested for kidnapping in the first degree and domestic assault in the fourth degree, following a report taken from a 31-year-old adult female victim, whose identity is being withheld for her protection.
Ismael Castillo Flores, 32, was lodged at NORCOR following an early morning arrest at an undisclosed location in Hood River County, on May 29 at 2 a.m.
Hood River County Sheriff's Deputies Marc Smith and Rick Princehouse took a report from the victim earlier that evening that she had been held against her will by the suspect, and received injuries. The officers later arrested the suspect at a separate location.
Details on the victim's injuries and confinement are being withheld pending the district attorney's presentation of the case to the Hood River grand jury.
Officers were able to take Flores into custody without incident and transported him directly to NORCOR.
Flores was preliminarily arraigned May 31 before Hood River County Judge Donald Hull. His next court date is scheduled for Tuesday, June 7, again before Hull.
Bail has been set at $5,000 cash and, according to District Attorney John Sewell, the suspect is also under an Immigration and Customs Enforcement hold.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge