Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Ray Elmer Harper Jr., 89, passed away June 26, 2011, at the Hood River Care Center with family by his side. Ray was born Aug. 30, 1921, in Redmond, Ore.
A memorial service with military honors is planned for 4 p.m. Saturday, July 9, at the Hood River Seventh-Day Adventist Church, 1223 Oak St. Private graveside rites were held at Willamette National Cemetery in Portland, Ore.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson's Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge