Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Ray Elmer Harper Jr., 89, passed away June 26, 2011, at the Hood River Care Center with family by his side. Ray was born Aug. 30, 1921, in Redmond, Ore.
A memorial service with military honors is planned for 4 p.m. Saturday, July 9, at the Hood River Seventh-Day Adventist Church, 1223 Oak St. Private graveside rites were held at Willamette National Cemetery in Portland, Ore.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson's Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Gorge Independence Day: Your local guide to July 4th
- Fireworks: ‘Keep it safe, keep it legal’
- Youth mobile nutrition program returns at two Hood River locations
- County board slates $200K in Windmaster Plan for Airport
- ‘Stick to the Westside plan’
- Letters to the Editor for June 28
- Math in a Basket: a second grade teacher sees the connections
- Public Records: Building Records
- Find Your Park
- YESTERYEARS ‘Capacity crowd’ fills Hood River High School auditorium for Flag Day in 1947
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge