Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Ray Elmer Harper Jr., 89, passed away June 26, 2011, at the Hood River Care Center with family by his side. Ray was born Aug. 30, 1921, in Redmond, Ore.
A memorial service with military honors is planned for 4 p.m. Saturday, July 9, at the Hood River Seventh-Day Adventist Church, 1223 Oak St. Private graveside rites were held at Willamette National Cemetery in Portland, Ore.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson's Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Two escape from state corrections
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
- City of Hood River: Mayor asks Rep. Walden to ‘join our collective call’ on energy
- Power line fire doused Monday
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge