Wednesday, March 2, 2011
A new twist has been added to the annual Dress for Less recycled prom fashion sales event, whose organizers hope to ensure that every Hood River Valley young lady has a beautiful dress for the prom,
According to Christine Keith, event organizer, the Dress for Less sales day is coming up April 2.
In order to restock the supply of available dresses for girls, youth groups or other service groups may compete to earn prize money by collecting donated gowns.
"We are working on getting donations and we came up with a friendly competition to help," said Keith.
"The youth group or organization that collects the most donated formal and semi-formal dresses will receive $150 to support youth activities."
All donated dresses need to be collected by March 15. The Dress for Less volunteers will happily arrange to pick gowns up for the contest.
Those wishing to receive more information on the contest can phone Jessie Page at 541-387-8811 or Chris Keith at 541- 490-1632.
Individual donations of formal or semi-formal dresses are still welcome as well. Along with dresses, event organizers also seek shoes, purses and jewelry. Small dress sizes are appreciated and both current styles or retro dresses are accepted.
Any prom-related items may be dropped off at CURVES in Hood River, at 1108 12th St. or the Hood River Valley Christian Church at 975 Indian Creek Drive.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: ‘Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead’ at CCA
- HR County Library District holds annual Unity Picnic to celebrate diversity, reading
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River pool facing possible closure in 1987
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 23
- ANOTHER VOICE: Call on Gorge Commission to take a stand on coal transport pollution
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 23 edition
- Lions Fundraiser ‘Applerama’ in danger of cancellation
- The Ale List: Full Sail and Harrington team up with Red Ale
- ‘Sketchbook Project’ invites conversation
- poTENtial series continues at Center for Arts
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge