Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Registration open for Gorge Ride 2011
Friends of the Historic Columbia River Highway fifth annual fundraising Gorge Ride will be held June 11. Registration is now open through GorgeRide.com.
Bicyclists will again ride on the Historic Columbia River Highway from the Gorge Discovery Center to the Historic Columbia River Highway State Trail in Mosier and continue on to the Senator Mark O. Hatfield West Trailhead east of Hood River and return. This 38.5-mile trip includes the vista at Rowena Crest, travel through the Mosier Twin Tunnels and a rest stop at historic Mayerdale.
Photos and information about last year's ride are available at hcrh.org/GorgeRide10.html or FriendsoftheHighway.com. Over 425 people participated in the 2010 Gorge Ride.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge