Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Registration open for Gorge Ride 2011
Friends of the Historic Columbia River Highway fifth annual fundraising Gorge Ride will be held June 11. Registration is now open through GorgeRide.com.
Bicyclists will again ride on the Historic Columbia River Highway from the Gorge Discovery Center to the Historic Columbia River Highway State Trail in Mosier and continue on to the Senator Mark O. Hatfield West Trailhead east of Hood River and return. This 38.5-mile trip includes the vista at Rowena Crest, travel through the Mosier Twin Tunnels and a rest stop at historic Mayerdale.
Photos and information about last year's ride are available at hcrh.org/GorgeRide10.html or FriendsoftheHighway.com. Over 425 people participated in the 2010 Gorge Ride.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events