Thursday, March 3, 2011
Welcome to Jim Drake's music blog project for 2011!
Listen to Jim Drake's local music show on Hood River's Radio Tierra, 95.1 FM, with a new show every other Thursday, at 6:30 p.m. Some shows may be repeated the following week. Eventually, we hope to have shows archived on the web for podcast download on the Radio Tierra website. http://radiotierra.org/
The show will feature music from my personal collection (and believe me, I've got a lot of CDs) of bands from right here in the Gorge, and bands that have stopped by to play for us over the years.
Enjoy some tunes from folks you probably know. Discover new music.
It's a fun, relaxed trip through the Gorge's musical archives.
Show schedule so far: Thursdays 6:30-7:30 p.m.
1-26-11 First Show
2-03-11 First Show (repeat)
2-17-11 Second Show
3-03-11 Third Show
More like this story
- Death notices for Aug. 31: Robert Stratton and Dale Glasgow
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge