Thursday, March 3, 2011
Welcome to Jim Drake's music blog project for 2011!
Listen to Jim Drake's local music show on Hood River's Radio Tierra, 95.1 FM, with a new show every other Thursday, at 6:30 p.m. Some shows may be repeated the following week. Eventually, we hope to have shows archived on the web for podcast download on the Radio Tierra website. http://radiotierra.org/
The show will feature music from my personal collection (and believe me, I've got a lot of CDs) of bands from right here in the Gorge, and bands that have stopped by to play for us over the years.
Enjoy some tunes from folks you probably know. Discover new music.
It's a fun, relaxed trip through the Gorge's musical archives.
Show schedule so far: Thursdays 6:30-7:30 p.m.
1-26-11 First Show
2-03-11 First Show (repeat)
2-17-11 Second Show
3-03-11 Third Show
More like this story
- Truck hauling boulders crashes into trees
- Service Announcement: Auren Mitchell
- Death notices for April 26: Paul Pace, Jr., Paul Henson, Ruth French, William Lytle, Beverly Schmidt and Irene Wester
- White Salmon Valley PTO holds 25th annual silent auction April 28
- CarFit Technician training held April 30
- Raices annual plant sale May 13
- Letters to the Editor for April 22
- Church News: Carina Miller at Riverside, Nazarene Blossom Bazaar
- Scholarship Benefit Saturday
- HAHRC Beats: Enjoy food more while eating less
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge