Thursday, March 3, 2011
Welcome to Jim Drake's music blog project for 2011!
Listen to Jim Drake's local music show on Hood River's Radio Tierra, 95.1 FM, with a new show every other Thursday, at 6:30 p.m. Some shows may be repeated the following week. Eventually, we hope to have shows archived on the web for podcast download on the Radio Tierra website. http://radiotierra.org/
The show will feature music from my personal collection (and believe me, I've got a lot of CDs) of bands from right here in the Gorge, and bands that have stopped by to play for us over the years.
Enjoy some tunes from folks you probably know. Discover new music.
It's a fun, relaxed trip through the Gorge's musical archives.
Show schedule so far: Thursdays 6:30-7:30 p.m.
1-26-11 First Show
2-03-11 First Show (repeat)
2-17-11 Second Show
3-03-11 Third Show
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge