Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Police are investigating a possible scam being carried out in the name of the Save Our Schools fundraising effort to help Hood River County School District.
Hood River Police officer Don Cheli said he is looking into reports from citizens who received phone calls from someone claiming to represent SOS. As part of the appeal, the caller is asking for a credit card number.
Mike Schend of the Hood River SOS said the group's volunteers would never ask for that information.
Cheli said he is looking into whether the calls are bogus or possibly from a national organization with the name SOS that is unconnected to the Hood River Save Our Schools.
More like this story
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
- Sheriff's Log, Aug. 23 to 30
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge