Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Police are investigating a possible scam being carried out in the name of the Save Our Schools fundraising effort to help Hood River County School District.
Hood River Police officer Don Cheli said he is looking into reports from citizens who received phone calls from someone claiming to represent SOS. As part of the appeal, the caller is asking for a credit card number.
Mike Schend of the Hood River SOS said the group's volunteers would never ask for that information.
Cheli said he is looking into whether the calls are bogus or possibly from a national organization with the name SOS that is unconnected to the Hood River Save Our Schools.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge