Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Police are investigating a possible scam being carried out in the name of the Save Our Schools fundraising effort to help Hood River County School District.
Hood River Police officer Don Cheli said he is looking into reports from citizens who received phone calls from someone claiming to represent SOS. As part of the appeal, the caller is asking for a credit card number.
Mike Schend of the Hood River SOS said the group's volunteers would never ask for that information.
Cheli said he is looking into whether the calls are bogus or possibly from a national organization with the name SOS that is unconnected to the Hood River Save Our Schools.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge