Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Police are investigating a possible scam being carried out in the name of the Save Our Schools fundraising effort to help Hood River County School District.
Hood River Police officer Don Cheli said he is looking into reports from citizens who received phone calls from someone claiming to represent SOS. As part of the appeal, the caller is asking for a credit card number.
Mike Schend of the Hood River SOS said the group's volunteers would never ask for that information.
Cheli said he is looking into whether the calls are bogus or possibly from a national organization with the name SOS that is unconnected to the Hood River Save Our Schools.
More like this story
- Summer fun: a look ahead
- Eagle Creek fire flares up
- The Fair has fun for all
- Church News for July 22
- Letters to the Editor for July 22
- 6 to Watch: Engage the city street safety survey
- Groups host July 26 forum on Westside Plan
- Hood River News earns ONPA awards
- Museum Tea was a family affair
- Sports briefs for July 22
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge