Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Police are investigating a possible scam being carried out in the name of the Save Our Schools fundraising effort to help Hood River County School District.
Hood River Police officer Don Cheli said he is looking into reports from citizens who received phone calls from someone claiming to represent SOS. As part of the appeal, the caller is asking for a credit card number.
Mike Schend of the Hood River SOS said the group's volunteers would never ask for that information.
Cheli said he is looking into whether the calls are bogus or possibly from a national organization with the name SOS that is unconnected to the Hood River Save Our Schools.
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control