Friday, March 18, 2011
Cottage Antiques opens in Cascade Locks
The Cottage Antiques and More is now open at 502 WaNaPa Ave. in Cascade Locks.
Nathan and Karrie Edmunds recently opened the shop, which boasts "a little of everything," including art, antiques and vintage gifts, Nathan said. The shop has the largest multifaceted gem collection in the area, he said.
The Cottage, located next to Pacific Crest Pub and Hotel, is open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Wednesday through Sunday.
Gorge White House opens April 1
The Gorge White House, a 100-year-old landmark alongside Highway 35 south of Hood River, opens for 2011 on April 1.
The Hood River Valley icon, now a popular destination for tasting Gorge wines and brews, also sells art, fresh fruit and flowers, gourmet food products, gifts, and much more, all in the midst of orchards and gardens.
The Gorge White House will be open through Oct. 31. Admission and parking are free.
Full Sail adds LTD 05 Amber Lager
LTD 05, the latest seasonal brew from Full Sail, is now on grocery shelves.
"We brewed this beer as a celebration of lagers, and like the other beers in our LTD series, it allows us to explore a classic lager profile and intertwine our own passion as an American craft brewer," said Full Sail's executive brewmaster.
LTD 05, exploring its Viennese roots, is described as "a copper-colored beer with great harmony that is refreshingly round and smooth, balanced with a hint of dark roast that enhances its floral hoppy finish."
(Following LTD 05, Full Sail will re-release LTD 03, a crisp pilsner just in time for summer.)
LTD 05 registers "medium" on the "Malt-O-Meter" that is featured on the six-packs. Beer aficionados, or the aspiring ones, will enjoy the bottom of the six-pack that features an easy-to-read chart of "Today's Recipe," including Willamette, Glacier and Czech Saaz Hops, Pale, Chocolate and Caramel malts, Plato (14 degrees), IBU (28), alcohol by volume ABV (5.6%) and any special ingredients.
LTD 05 will be available in six-packs and draught from March to June.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge