Friday, March 25, 2011
The Hood River Valley boys lacrosse team was on the verge of erasing the memories from a tough loss to Beaverton to open the season as it scored goals in bunches during the first half of its Friday home opener against Beaverton.
Then in the third quarter, everything fell apart in 15-14 loss.
Beaverton took advantage of several HRV turnovers and used a streak of five unanswered goals to take the lead.
Beaverton led 14-11 before the Eagles began to rally back, and eventually tied the game back up when Jesse Keopaseuth fired a shot between three defenders late in the fourth.
The Eagles had a chance to get the lead on their next possession, but turned it over after failing to find a good shot.
Beaverton then went straight down to the other end and scored with under a minute left to get the win.
The Eagles lost 8-6 to Southridge in their season opener, while the HRV girls beat Tigard 18-8.
More like this story
- Vandalized sign prompts security precautions at CL School Friday
- Death Notices for Oct. 1: Jack Stone, Jack Stone, Viola Wells, and Gerald Culp
- Service Announcement for Oct. 1: Calvin Peck
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge