Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Part 1: The Journey HRVHS Chamber Singers students anticipate their departing flight to England at PDX by singing the A.R. Rahmann piece entitled Zikr, arranged by Ethan Sperry. HRVHS Student Body President Natalie Johnson and friends shares the excitement before take-off. At Chicago's O'Hare airport, an impromptu performance of "Me, Me and None but Me" - by John Dowland, netted $47 in donations from passersby. The funds were given to a charity in England.
UK Tour - Part 2 (sequence of clips): HRVHS Chamber Singers join with the Farnham Youth Choir in a performance of Ubi Caritas. Local students hosted for homestays. At Winchester Cathedral, the group does an "unofficial" performance of Ave Verum, by William Byrd. An additional church in Winchester provided the venue for this performance of Steal Away, arranged by Joseph Jennings with David Rodriguez and Maddy McClean on solos in this clip.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge