Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Part 1: The Journey HRVHS Chamber Singers students anticipate their departing flight to England at PDX by singing the A.R. Rahmann piece entitled Zikr, arranged by Ethan Sperry. HRVHS Student Body President Natalie Johnson and friends shares the excitement before take-off. At Chicago's O'Hare airport, an impromptu performance of "Me, Me and None but Me" - by John Dowland, netted $47 in donations from passersby. The funds were given to a charity in England.
UK Tour - Part 2 (sequence of clips): HRVHS Chamber Singers join with the Farnham Youth Choir in a performance of Ubi Caritas. Local students hosted for homestays. At Winchester Cathedral, the group does an "unofficial" performance of Ave Verum, by William Byrd. An additional church in Winchester provided the venue for this performance of Steal Away, arranged by Joseph Jennings with David Rodriguez and Maddy McClean on solos in this clip.
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge