Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Part 1: The Journey HRVHS Chamber Singers students anticipate their departing flight to England at PDX by singing the A.R. Rahmann piece entitled Zikr, arranged by Ethan Sperry. HRVHS Student Body President Natalie Johnson and friends shares the excitement before take-off. At Chicago's O'Hare airport, an impromptu performance of "Me, Me and None but Me" - by John Dowland, netted $47 in donations from passersby. The funds were given to a charity in England.
UK Tour - Part 2 (sequence of clips): HRVHS Chamber Singers join with the Farnham Youth Choir in a performance of Ubi Caritas. Local students hosted for homestays. At Winchester Cathedral, the group does an "unofficial" performance of Ave Verum, by William Byrd. An additional church in Winchester provided the venue for this performance of Steal Away, arranged by Joseph Jennings with David Rodriguez and Maddy McClean on solos in this clip.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Cooper’s Spur Road completed in 1926
- ‘Age of Dignity’ discussion series starts Oct. 22
- Advocacy Center holds fundraiser Oct. 22
- Roots and Branches: Find and use your tools
- Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts film
- WS Library holds ‘Boys in the Boat’ talk Oct. 22
- Gorge receives national honor this weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 19
- ‘Mayerdale Place’ program Oct. 21
- County continues marijuana hearings
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge