Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Ballots, in the familiar elongated envelopes, will arrive in homes as early as April 30.
The ballots are for the May 17 Special Districts election. Every special district in the county - including fire, water, sewer, parks and recreation and transportation - will have positions on the ballot.
Hood River County Elections Department staff members delivered 11,128 envelopes to Hood River's post office Friday morning for delivery Saturday or Monday to most voters.
If you do not receive your ballot by Monday, call Elections at 541-386-1442 or go to the county administration building, Sixth and State streets.
Ballots must be returned to Elections by 8 p.m. May 17.
Voters will see choices in the races for Hood River Valley Parks and Recreation District board and for the commission races representing the Port of Cascade Locks and Port of Hood River.
In Cascade Locks, Rob Brostoff and Samantha Verschuren are running for Position 1; Brenda Cramblett and Gail Lewis will vie for Position 2; Donna Mohr is running unopposed for Position 5. All are four-year terms.
In Hood River, incumbent Sherry Bohn and Brian Shortt are running for Position 4; incumbent Hoby Streich, David Kovacich and Erlene Veverka Smith seek Position 5. Both are four-year terms. Rich McBride is unopposed for Position 3, a two-year unexpired term.
For Parks and Recreation District, Art Carroll and Chris Johnsen are running for Position 3; Bryan McGeeney and Karen Ford seek Position 4 and Glenna Mahurin, John Everitt and Jonathan Graca are running for Position 5. All are four-year terms.
More like this story
- Death notices for Oct. 22: Ellyn Kane, George Kimball, Kenneth Leibham and Barbara Pink
- Service Announcements for Oct. 22: Louise Neitch and Betty Johnson
- Yesteryears: Cooper’s Spur Road completed in 1926
- ‘Age of Dignity’ discussion series starts Oct. 22
- Advocacy Center holds fundraiser Oct. 22
- Roots and Branches: Find and use your tools
- Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts film
- WS Library holds ‘Boys in the Boat’ talk Oct. 22
- Gorge receives national honor this weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 19
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge