Tuesday, May 3, 2011
The Hood River Valley girls tennis team lost its undefeated status last weekend when Bend and Summit topped the Eagles in a doubleheader. However, the Eagles wasted no time in jumping right back on the horse as they knocked off The Dalles-Wahtonka 5-3 in The Dalles.
Frances Burns and Kirra Paulus won in singles for HRV, with Burns winning 6-1, 6-3 and Paulus winning 6-1, 6-1. In doubles the team of Kristin Davis and Celine Lentz won 6-2, 6-3, Marit Knapp and Emily Roberts won 6-2, 6-3 and Maddie Chambers and Jihelah Greenwald won 6-0, 6-2.
The Eagles lost their matches to Summit and Bend both by a score of 5-3.
Winners for HRV against Summit were Lentz, Davis and Emily Ziegner while Davis and the doubles teams of Knapp and Roberts and Greenwald and Karrie Hoag won against Bend.
The Eagle boys lost to TDW 5-3. Winners for HRV were Story McKee 6-4, 7-6 (3) and the doubles teams of Jonathan Goatcher 6-4, 7-6 (5) and Nick Cooper and Zev Braun, 3-6, 6-6 (5), 10-4).
The Eagle girls host Hermiston Wednesday while the boys travel to Hermiston.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge