Tuesday, May 3, 2011
The Hood River Valley girls tennis team lost its undefeated status last weekend when Bend and Summit topped the Eagles in a doubleheader. However, the Eagles wasted no time in jumping right back on the horse as they knocked off The Dalles-Wahtonka 5-3 in The Dalles.
Frances Burns and Kirra Paulus won in singles for HRV, with Burns winning 6-1, 6-3 and Paulus winning 6-1, 6-1. In doubles the team of Kristin Davis and Celine Lentz won 6-2, 6-3, Marit Knapp and Emily Roberts won 6-2, 6-3 and Maddie Chambers and Jihelah Greenwald won 6-0, 6-2.
The Eagles lost their matches to Summit and Bend both by a score of 5-3.
Winners for HRV against Summit were Lentz, Davis and Emily Ziegner while Davis and the doubles teams of Knapp and Roberts and Greenwald and Karrie Hoag won against Bend.
The Eagle boys lost to TDW 5-3. Winners for HRV were Story McKee 6-4, 7-6 (3) and the doubles teams of Jonathan Goatcher 6-4, 7-6 (5) and Nick Cooper and Zev Braun, 3-6, 6-6 (5), 10-4).
The Eagle girls host Hermiston Wednesday while the boys travel to Hermiston.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge