Tuesday, May 3, 2011
The Hood River Valley girls tennis team lost its undefeated status last weekend when Bend and Summit topped the Eagles in a doubleheader. However, the Eagles wasted no time in jumping right back on the horse as they knocked off The Dalles-Wahtonka 5-3 in The Dalles.
Frances Burns and Kirra Paulus won in singles for HRV, with Burns winning 6-1, 6-3 and Paulus winning 6-1, 6-1. In doubles the team of Kristin Davis and Celine Lentz won 6-2, 6-3, Marit Knapp and Emily Roberts won 6-2, 6-3 and Maddie Chambers and Jihelah Greenwald won 6-0, 6-2.
The Eagles lost their matches to Summit and Bend both by a score of 5-3.
Winners for HRV against Summit were Lentz, Davis and Emily Ziegner while Davis and the doubles teams of Knapp and Roberts and Greenwald and Karrie Hoag won against Bend.
The Eagle boys lost to TDW 5-3. Winners for HRV were Story McKee 6-4, 7-6 (3) and the doubles teams of Jonathan Goatcher 6-4, 7-6 (5) and Nick Cooper and Zev Braun, 3-6, 6-6 (5), 10-4).
The Eagle girls host Hermiston Wednesday while the boys travel to Hermiston.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge