Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Miko and Eric "Zed" Ruhlen recently purchased Hood River Hobbies, 110 Fourth St.
This "fun for all ages" retail store has been in operation for 12 years and draws hobbyists from throughout the Mid-Columbia area. The Ruhlens are former business owners with experience in business management.
The purchase was a natural fit for the Ruhlens, as Zed is an avid hobbyist and has a longtime passion for radio-controlled vehicles and model planes. Steven Scheer will continue to manage the store, which will now accept major credit cards and debit cards.
The Ruhlens plan to offer a wide selection of radio-controlled toys, along with games, kites and hobby and craft supplies. They also plan to expand the lines of hobby-related toys and activities and include new hobbies such as bird watching.
Columbia Gorge Community College provided guidance in acquiring the business and Mid-Columbia Economic Development District provided a loan to purchase the business and add new inventory.
More like this story
- Cider Central: Cider Café opens, ’Gorge Society’ rebrands
- HR Library hosts Songwriters in the Round Sept. 16
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 5
- Labor Day: Drive with care, and take a moment to honor workers who can’t take a break
- Editor's Notebook: Will guards’ new disdain cancel refugees tickets’ aboard today’s European train?
- Police Log, Aug. 24 to 30
- Building Permits, City, August 2015
- HRV girls soccer looks to continue its winning ways
- Sports Briefs for Sept. 5
- Young team, playoff dreams for HRV volleyball
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge