Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Miko and Eric "Zed" Ruhlen recently purchased Hood River Hobbies, 110 Fourth St.
This "fun for all ages" retail store has been in operation for 12 years and draws hobbyists from throughout the Mid-Columbia area. The Ruhlens are former business owners with experience in business management.
The purchase was a natural fit for the Ruhlens, as Zed is an avid hobbyist and has a longtime passion for radio-controlled vehicles and model planes. Steven Scheer will continue to manage the store, which will now accept major credit cards and debit cards.
The Ruhlens plan to offer a wide selection of radio-controlled toys, along with games, kites and hobby and craft supplies. They also plan to expand the lines of hobby-related toys and activities and include new hobbies such as bird watching.
Columbia Gorge Community College provided guidance in acquiring the business and Mid-Columbia Economic Development District provided a loan to purchase the business and add new inventory.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge