Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Miko and Eric "Zed" Ruhlen recently purchased Hood River Hobbies, 110 Fourth St.
This "fun for all ages" retail store has been in operation for 12 years and draws hobbyists from throughout the Mid-Columbia area. The Ruhlens are former business owners with experience in business management.
The purchase was a natural fit for the Ruhlens, as Zed is an avid hobbyist and has a longtime passion for radio-controlled vehicles and model planes. Steven Scheer will continue to manage the store, which will now accept major credit cards and debit cards.
The Ruhlens plan to offer a wide selection of radio-controlled toys, along with games, kites and hobby and craft supplies. They also plan to expand the lines of hobby-related toys and activities and include new hobbies such as bird watching.
Columbia Gorge Community College provided guidance in acquiring the business and Mid-Columbia Economic Development District provided a loan to purchase the business and add new inventory.
More like this story
- White Salmon Valley PTO holds 25th annual silent auction April 28
- CarFit Technician training held April 30
- Raices annual plant sale May 13
- Letters to the Editor for April 22
- Church News: Carina Miller at Riverside, Nazarene Blossom Bazaar
- Scholarship Benefit Saturday
- HAHRC Beats: Enjoy food more while eating less
- Area Agency on Aging seeks to redefine volunteering during National Volunteer Week, April 23-29
- Día de los Niños celebration April 28
- Drug Take Back Day April 29 at Skyline
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge