Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Alisha Hay led the Hood River Valley girls golf team at the 5A state tournament in Creswell Monday and Tuesday, finishing in 39th place out of 64 competitors.
Hay shot a 220 in total for the tournament.
As a team the Eagles finished twelfth.
Tori Grace finished 47th with a 231, Korey Cimock finished 54th with a 244, Malika Reynolds was 57th with a 257 and Amalia Sletmoe and Gabriella Whitehead, who split days of the tournament in competition, finished 60th with a combined 280.
"Although we are not challenging the leaders, the team improved their best score at district by 16 strokes on a much more difficult course," HRV coach Dave Waller said after the first day of the tournament.
In the 5A boys tournament at Quail Valley in Banks, HRV's Hunter Daly finished in 45th out of 68 competitors.
He finished with a 174 and finished strong by dropping six strokes between the first day and the second, shooting a 90 on the first day and an 84 on the second.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge