Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Alisha Hay led the Hood River Valley girls golf team at the 5A state tournament in Creswell Monday and Tuesday, finishing in 39th place out of 64 competitors.
Hay shot a 220 in total for the tournament.
As a team the Eagles finished twelfth.
Tori Grace finished 47th with a 231, Korey Cimock finished 54th with a 244, Malika Reynolds was 57th with a 257 and Amalia Sletmoe and Gabriella Whitehead, who split days of the tournament in competition, finished 60th with a combined 280.
"Although we are not challenging the leaders, the team improved their best score at district by 16 strokes on a much more difficult course," HRV coach Dave Waller said after the first day of the tournament.
In the 5A boys tournament at Quail Valley in Banks, HRV's Hunter Daly finished in 45th out of 68 competitors.
He finished with a 174 and finished strong by dropping six strokes between the first day and the second, shooting a 90 on the first day and an 84 on the second.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge