Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Alisha Hay led the Hood River Valley girls golf team at the 5A state tournament in Creswell Monday and Tuesday, finishing in 39th place out of 64 competitors.
Hay shot a 220 in total for the tournament.
As a team the Eagles finished twelfth.
Tori Grace finished 47th with a 231, Korey Cimock finished 54th with a 244, Malika Reynolds was 57th with a 257 and Amalia Sletmoe and Gabriella Whitehead, who split days of the tournament in competition, finished 60th with a combined 280.
"Although we are not challenging the leaders, the team improved their best score at district by 16 strokes on a much more difficult course," HRV coach Dave Waller said after the first day of the tournament.
In the 5A boys tournament at Quail Valley in Banks, HRV's Hunter Daly finished in 45th out of 68 competitors.
He finished with a 174 and finished strong by dropping six strokes between the first day and the second, shooting a 90 on the first day and an 84 on the second.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge