Thursday, November 17, 2011
Via Mt. Hood Meadows:
Mt. Hood Meadows plans to open for the 2011-12 season this Saturday with limited operations. Currently, two lifts – Buttercup and Easy Rider – are scheduled from 9 AM – 4 PM, but more lifts may be added as additional snow is forecast Thursday into Friday. The resort will announce scheduled lift operations and lift ticket pricing for Saturday by Friday afternoon. Scheduled operations will be announced and updated on theresort web site SkiHood.com.
Meadows has a current snow depth of 19" - more higher up on the mountain. Early season conditions exist, with good to thin coverage on the groomed runs, with exposed grass, rocks – skiers and snowboarders should be aware of unmarked obstacles. Resort officials caution that Saturday’s opening is dependent on receiving more snow. The forecast is calling for a foot or more by Saturday, which will affect both conditions and the scheduled lift operations.
With enough snow the resort could open high speed quads,including Mt. Hood Express, Shooting Star Express and the new Stadium Express Saturday or Sunday.
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge