Thursday, November 17, 2011
Via Mt. Hood Meadows:
Mt. Hood Meadows plans to open for the 2011-12 season this Saturday with limited operations. Currently, two lifts – Buttercup and Easy Rider – are scheduled from 9 AM – 4 PM, but more lifts may be added as additional snow is forecast Thursday into Friday. The resort will announce scheduled lift operations and lift ticket pricing for Saturday by Friday afternoon. Scheduled operations will be announced and updated on theresort web site SkiHood.com.
Meadows has a current snow depth of 19" - more higher up on the mountain. Early season conditions exist, with good to thin coverage on the groomed runs, with exposed grass, rocks – skiers and snowboarders should be aware of unmarked obstacles. Resort officials caution that Saturday’s opening is dependent on receiving more snow. The forecast is calling for a foot or more by Saturday, which will affect both conditions and the scheduled lift operations.
With enough snow the resort could open high speed quads,including Mt. Hood Express, Shooting Star Express and the new Stadium Express Saturday or Sunday.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge