Friday, November 25, 2011
As fall quickly turns to winter, it's time to prepare for your favorite winter activities. Oregon's Sno-Park program helps provide snow removal at about 100 winter recreation parking areas (Sno-Parks) across the state.
Sno-Parks exist in most of Oregon's mountain passes and in most ski, snowmobile and snow play areas. A list of areas designated as Sno-Parks is available at www.tripcheck.com under "Travel Center."
A valid Sno-Park permit is needed to park in a Sno-Park between Nov. 1 and April 30. The pass must be displayed in the windshield of your vehicle.
There are three types of permits: a $20 seasonal permit, a $7 three-day permit good for three consecutive days, and a $3 daily permit. All DMV offices and permit agents at winter resorts, sporting goods stores and other retail outlets sell these permits. Private agents can charge an additional service fee.
A list of permit agents is available at www.tripcheck. com under "Travel Center." To become a Sno-Park permit sales agent contact DMV Vehicle Mail at 503-945-7949.
The seasonal permit also is available by mail from DMV. Send a written request with your return address, phone number and a check or money order to DMV, Vehicle Mail No. 1, 1905 Lana Ave., Salem, OR 97314.
Parking in an Oregon Sno-Park without a permit may result in a fine, so be sure to obtain a permit and display it on your vehicle.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge