Friday, November 25, 2011
As fall quickly turns to winter, it's time to prepare for your favorite winter activities. Oregon's Sno-Park program helps provide snow removal at about 100 winter recreation parking areas (Sno-Parks) across the state.
Sno-Parks exist in most of Oregon's mountain passes and in most ski, snowmobile and snow play areas. A list of areas designated as Sno-Parks is available at www.tripcheck.com under "Travel Center."
A valid Sno-Park permit is needed to park in a Sno-Park between Nov. 1 and April 30. The pass must be displayed in the windshield of your vehicle.
There are three types of permits: a $20 seasonal permit, a $7 three-day permit good for three consecutive days, and a $3 daily permit. All DMV offices and permit agents at winter resorts, sporting goods stores and other retail outlets sell these permits. Private agents can charge an additional service fee.
A list of permit agents is available at www.tripcheck. com under "Travel Center." To become a Sno-Park permit sales agent contact DMV Vehicle Mail at 503-945-7949.
The seasonal permit also is available by mail from DMV. Send a written request with your return address, phone number and a check or money order to DMV, Vehicle Mail No. 1, 1905 Lana Ave., Salem, OR 97314.
Parking in an Oregon Sno-Park without a permit may result in a fine, so be sure to obtain a permit and display it on your vehicle.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge