Friday, November 25, 2011
As fall quickly turns to winter, it's time to prepare for your favorite winter activities. Oregon's Sno-Park program helps provide snow removal at about 100 winter recreation parking areas (Sno-Parks) across the state.
Sno-Parks exist in most of Oregon's mountain passes and in most ski, snowmobile and snow play areas. A list of areas designated as Sno-Parks is available at www.tripcheck.com under "Travel Center."
A valid Sno-Park permit is needed to park in a Sno-Park between Nov. 1 and April 30. The pass must be displayed in the windshield of your vehicle.
There are three types of permits: a $20 seasonal permit, a $7 three-day permit good for three consecutive days, and a $3 daily permit. All DMV offices and permit agents at winter resorts, sporting goods stores and other retail outlets sell these permits. Private agents can charge an additional service fee.
A list of permit agents is available at www.tripcheck. com under "Travel Center." To become a Sno-Park permit sales agent contact DMV Vehicle Mail at 503-945-7949.
The seasonal permit also is available by mail from DMV. Send a written request with your return address, phone number and a check or money order to DMV, Vehicle Mail No. 1, 1905 Lana Ave., Salem, OR 97314.
Parking in an Oregon Sno-Park without a permit may result in a fine, so be sure to obtain a permit and display it on your vehicle.
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge