Wednesday, November 30, 2011
On Nov. 23 Hood River City Police arrested a mother and two of her adult children in connection with the Feb. 12, 2003, murder of Faustino Garcia - former husband and father of the accused.
Pending a Nov. 30 court hearing scheduled for 4 p.m., Hood River County District Attorney John Sewell has requested limited release of information on the arrests.
According to previous Hood River News reports, Garcia was found dead of multiple gunshot wounds in a small city-owned lot on the north side of Hood River Middle School.
Hood River County Sheriff's Detective Gerry Tiffany found Garcia's body around 7:30 a.m. on Feb. 12, 2003, just two blocks from his home on Eugene Street.
After his body was found, Garcia's family had reported that Garcia left the home to pursue a burglar around 4:30 a.m. that morning and never returned.
According to the NORCOR website, the victim's former wife, Rosario Munoz de Garcia, 46 of Lyle, and two adult children, Guadalupe Garcia, 27 of Lyle, and Jorge Garcia Munoz, 24 of Hood River, have each been charged with murder.
Each suspect is being held on a $500,000 bond with bail set at $50,000 apiece. The charges under which the three were arraigned on Nov. 23 are filed as a District Attorney information pleading.
A Hood River County grand jury is set to meet Nov. 29 and may issue indictments for the three suspects on those charges.
Hood River City Police Detective Anthony Frasier made the arrests. Frasier has been investigating the case over an extended period of time.
In addition to the murder charges, Guadalupe and Rosario are also charged with criminal conspiracy.
Jorge is charged with criminal conspiracy and manslaughter in addition to the murder charge.
The Nov. 30 hearing will confirm the appointment of attorneys for the suspects and set further appearance dates. If the Grand Jury has issued an indictment by Nov. 30, the suspects will be arraigned on those charges as well.
A full press release is anticipated from Sewell following the hearing Nov. 30 and details will be reported in the Saturday edition.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge