Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Nine people, including two former council members, have applied to be appointed to fill vacancies on Cascade Locks City Council.
On Oct. 17 the council will review those applications and decide on a set of questions to ask the applicants. The meeting will be at 8:30 p.m.
The current council is comprised of Tom Cramblett, Lance Masters and Eva Zerfing.
The interviews will take place on Oct. 24.
The deadline to apply was 5 p.m. Thursday.
These Cascade Locks residents have submitted their names for consideration by the current council:
Michael "Cody" Steelman
The vacancies were caused by the Sept. 20 vote of recall against former council members Kevin Benson, Tiffany Pruit and Don Haight, and former Mayor George Fischer. Hood River County certified the election on Oct. 3, giving city staff and the remaining three councilors the go-ahead to start the appointment process. The appointees will serve until the November 2012 general election.
Applicants were asked to state why they want to serve, to list critical issues they feel face the city, and give ideas for helping the city "work together for the good of the community."
Application questions also include description of boards and committees served on in the past and other relevant service.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge