Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Nine people, including two former council members, have applied to be appointed to fill vacancies on Cascade Locks City Council.
On Oct. 17 the council will review those applications and decide on a set of questions to ask the applicants. The meeting will be at 8:30 p.m.
The current council is comprised of Tom Cramblett, Lance Masters and Eva Zerfing.
The interviews will take place on Oct. 24.
The deadline to apply was 5 p.m. Thursday.
These Cascade Locks residents have submitted their names for consideration by the current council:
Michael "Cody" Steelman
The vacancies were caused by the Sept. 20 vote of recall against former council members Kevin Benson, Tiffany Pruit and Don Haight, and former Mayor George Fischer. Hood River County certified the election on Oct. 3, giving city staff and the remaining three councilors the go-ahead to start the appointment process. The appointees will serve until the November 2012 general election.
Applicants were asked to state why they want to serve, to list critical issues they feel face the city, and give ideas for helping the city "work together for the good of the community."
Application questions also include description of boards and committees served on in the past and other relevant service.
More like this story
- Marimba ‘Mid Winter Party’
- YESTERYEARS: School District No. 3 projects new high school on May Street in 1926
- Are You Ready? Survival 101
- Lyle School celebrates standout science student
- Jim Drake’s Entertainment Blog: Imagining a world with no winners and no losers
- The Ale List: Sense of Place lecture focuses on ‘hoppy history’
- Free tax help through April in HR and TD
- Sheriff Log, Jan. 24 to 31
- Police Log, Jan. 25 to 31
- Public Records: Building permits, city, January 2016