Wednesday, October 19, 2011
The HRV volleyvall team got a much needed win by topping The Dalles-Wahtonka 3-1 in The Dalles Wednesday night.
The Eagles lost the first game 25-23 but then rallied to win the next three and take the match.
In the second game, the Eagles trailed 24-21 and were staring at a 2-0 deficit in the match, but a pair of TDW hitting errors and two kills by Kaili Duffy put HRV on top. After the two teams tied at 28, a TDW hitting error and a kill by Courtney Harvey gave HRV the win.
The Eagles again faced a deficit in the third game, trailing 20-11, but rallied cut the gap to two points with TDW?serving for game point at 24-22.
However Meighan Frazier came up with several kills, and Duffy blocked a final TDW attempt to get HRV?a 28-26 win.
In the fourth game the Eagles overcame a three-point deficit and put everything together with an 11-2 run to win 25-19.
Duffy led the Eagles with 14 kills, Tracy Mok had 40 assists, Harvey four service aces, Shelby Carter 16 digs and Meighan Frazier two block.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
- Letters to the Editor for July 23
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge