Wednesday, October 19, 2011
The HRV volleyvall team got a much needed win by topping The Dalles-Wahtonka 3-1 in The Dalles Wednesday night.
The Eagles lost the first game 25-23 but then rallied to win the next three and take the match.
In the second game, the Eagles trailed 24-21 and were staring at a 2-0 deficit in the match, but a pair of TDW hitting errors and two kills by Kaili Duffy put HRV on top. After the two teams tied at 28, a TDW hitting error and a kill by Courtney Harvey gave HRV the win.
The Eagles again faced a deficit in the third game, trailing 20-11, but rallied cut the gap to two points with TDW?serving for game point at 24-22.
However Meighan Frazier came up with several kills, and Duffy blocked a final TDW attempt to get HRV?a 28-26 win.
In the fourth game the Eagles overcame a three-point deficit and put everything together with an 11-2 run to win 25-19.
Duffy led the Eagles with 14 kills, Tracy Mok had 40 assists, Harvey four service aces, Shelby Carter 16 digs and Meighan Frazier two block.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge