Wednesday, October 19, 2011
The HRV volleyvall team got a much needed win by topping The Dalles-Wahtonka 3-1 in The Dalles Wednesday night.
The Eagles lost the first game 25-23 but then rallied to win the next three and take the match.
In the second game, the Eagles trailed 24-21 and were staring at a 2-0 deficit in the match, but a pair of TDW hitting errors and two kills by Kaili Duffy put HRV on top. After the two teams tied at 28, a TDW hitting error and a kill by Courtney Harvey gave HRV the win.
The Eagles again faced a deficit in the third game, trailing 20-11, but rallied cut the gap to two points with TDW?serving for game point at 24-22.
However Meighan Frazier came up with several kills, and Duffy blocked a final TDW attempt to get HRV?a 28-26 win.
In the fourth game the Eagles overcame a three-point deficit and put everything together with an 11-2 run to win 25-19.
Duffy led the Eagles with 14 kills, Tracy Mok had 40 assists, Harvey four service aces, Shelby Carter 16 digs and Meighan Frazier two block.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge