Wednesday, October 19, 2011
The HRV volleyvall team got a much needed win by topping The Dalles-Wahtonka 3-1 in The Dalles Wednesday night.
The Eagles lost the first game 25-23 but then rallied to win the next three and take the match.
In the second game, the Eagles trailed 24-21 and were staring at a 2-0 deficit in the match, but a pair of TDW hitting errors and two kills by Kaili Duffy put HRV on top. After the two teams tied at 28, a TDW hitting error and a kill by Courtney Harvey gave HRV the win.
The Eagles again faced a deficit in the third game, trailing 20-11, but rallied cut the gap to two points with TDW?serving for game point at 24-22.
However Meighan Frazier came up with several kills, and Duffy blocked a final TDW attempt to get HRV?a 28-26 win.
In the fourth game the Eagles overcame a three-point deficit and put everything together with an 11-2 run to win 25-19.
Duffy led the Eagles with 14 kills, Tracy Mok had 40 assists, Harvey four service aces, Shelby Carter 16 digs and Meighan Frazier two block.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge