Tuesday, September 27, 2011
425 people attended the Sept. 22 Columbia Gorge United Way Luau at Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum. The third annual event is a major fundraiser for United Way, which hoped to raise $50,000 on the night, the start of its 2011 campaign. The goal is $180,000, all destined to help non-profits throughout the Gorge. Trips, wine dinners, gear, to name a few, were up for auction, led by Michael Thompson and Paul Blackburn. See future Hood River News for more details on the 2011 campaign.
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control